[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - From the Strangebrew Coachworks

From the Strangebrew Coachworks

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

From the Strangebrew Coachworks

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Mr. Strangebrew has quite a following due to his intricate chassis builds and creativity. He has a real gift for building and it shows from top to bottom.

Thought I would share a few of his models he brought by for the fun run.

This old coupe gets a more modern chassis style. The headers are brass that he bent one by one, test fitted, then painted and installed. Not to overshadow the cool hood design he made.

I just marveled at this car. I wondered how you could take a 36 humpback and make it a modified. Between him and Mr. Taylor, they have it figured out.

Just fun to see this kind of work.

Now here is a heck of a car...

Recognize it? It was an old Artin Stocker body I gave him. He is not scared of a Dremel...this is just a great effort for the modern proxy.

Well done Mr. Brew!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: From the Strangebrew Coachworks

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:09 pm

WOW!!!
Thank you for sharing the pics Harry - those are some impressive looking rides!
:text-coolphotos:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:15 pm

Brew does really nice work, nice designs and liveries.
Really cool detailing, it sure makes one realize what possibilities are there.
The kind of stuff folk like me don't even think, about.
Kudos Mr Brew.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:01 am

Very nice line up of cars!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby strangebrew » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:17 pm

This is embarassing. ;) I think Harry is just easy to please!
Harry should have at least waited 'till I had them finished. I hurried the mods so I could run something at
Razor's place. They look much better when I take the pictures, 'cuz my pictures aren't that sharp.
The coach is an old 1:24 chassis I hacked the front off of & put the guide behind the axle to hide it. It handles surprisingly
well. I'm going to build a few more like it. I've got to convert all my 1:24 since joining this board.
I cast the wheels for the Navy car, but I should have built it with 1/8 axles. I have trouble keeping them tight on the smaller axles being
resin wheels with a set screw. I drill & tap 4 holes in each one for easy replacement of the stripped holes.
They work much better on 1/8 axles...One of my P-Bop cars is still running that way somewhere out there.
I've only been building "plastic" since I got on this board, so I hope to get better.................
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:51 pm

That's just the signs of a great build, when they look that good unfinished, they gotta look great when done!
Love the Sedan!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Great looking stuff! I can't believe that Artin Stocker turned out that awesome though!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby strangebrew » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:43 am

Last edited by strangebrew on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:53 am

Brew you are killing me :bow-blue: those cars are some fine looking builds

Cant wait to see them in action on Saturday
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:56 am

Thats one radical looking ride!
Nice one.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Some cool looking builds going on there!
:text-coolphotos:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Holy Dremel Action Batman!

I can't wait to see these. As usual, WELL DONE!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:23 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Oh nice work sir, VERY nice.

Now, they may not look pretty for long if you bring them with you :) Things are getting tough down here.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Those are some mean looking machines! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!