[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - From sprints to modifieds

From sprints to modifieds

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

From sprints to modifieds

Postby woodman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 am

NY Modifieds sent a batch of 1/24 bodies to us here in Kansas City.....Made a few jigs and a new fleet of cars has begun......Brass bending a lot easier than the steel sprints I have been turning out.......Great looking bodies (Vintage 1/24).......

20160129_042659.jpg

20160129_042745.jpg

20160129_042808.jpg
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: From sprints to modifieds

Postby Rich565 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Hello Woodman! Nice chassis! I like all the projects people are posting. I just had a question. What kind of solder are you using on your chassis builds? Not only am I in the process of building my new tri oval track but also building a couple early modifieds very similar to what Vintage 1/24 is building. Rich
Rich565

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:49 pm

These are nice cars

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bbgun9x » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Very nice work woodman. You are quite the craftsman.
bbgun9x

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Nice work with the new JK Chassis - I think it makes a good base for our cars - already offset cut, just add the bars and bumpers and you are almost RTR.

Are you guys planning on running a series based on the Asphalt NASCAR Tour Modifieds? I have over 150 bodies up on my site, so lots of choices for racers if you want to go that way.

Anyway, looks good - curious how this new class works out.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby KD11 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Steve is a great craftsmen, I have two sprint car chassis he made me as well as a Modified Chassis I got from him. I go out to our local track and race with Steve, we have been having some good times and good racing. Seems that one of us overtakes the other then a few laps later if not the next lap we swap the lead. The out come is often a result of a minor driver error or tire grip going away. Thanks to Steve we are getting a good amount of interest with the Sprint Cars and now with the Modified Cars. With all of the Stock Cars he has built, this too has peaked some interest. I like the retro racing on the ovals and we are getting more racers taking a look at the oval racing. I feel fortunate that Steve has allowed me the privilege of racing him with his stock cars and trusting that I won't break them too much. Well that's not always the case. We were racing our sprint cars last night and his car got launched over my car and the wall. Ended up on the floor with the wing knocked off. All in good fun.
KD11

Postby woodman » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:10 pm

Thanks for the kind words.....
I use the 60/40 solder....It has stood the the abuse these steel wire sprint cars go through.....

As soon as the track mate is hooked up we can start racing.....
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:26 am

Have a great time racing the asphalt modifieds. With all the great looking body variations NY Modifieds.com has available, you'll be having a blast. I know first hand that he makes nothing but quality stuff for the hobby.
Enjoy! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Modifieds slow motion...

woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Oval Racing HQ!