[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 3D printed 1/32 sprint car chassis

3D printed 1/32 sprint car chassis

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

3D printed 1/32 sprint car chassis

Postby slotmadmac » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:47 am

slotmadmac

Re: 3D printed 1/32 sprint car chassis

Postby chris » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:26 am

Maybe 'Scott's Racing Products' in their 1/32 Dirt section could help.

Cool looking chassis!

Chris.
chris
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 2FER SLOTS » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:23 pm

2FER SLOTS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 1Bad67 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:33 pm

I am in the same boat. I am hoping to use the Scotts Racing Sprint Car. But I am clueless on any of the other parts.
1Bad67

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Thats my baby.... or maybe 2nd kid once removed....

I know I have a few requests for the body - so I will post a link to the PDF file here - and on facebook... and on the shapeways page. The body is paper..... I did that A) to keep the cost down and B) at the time - I thought it would be fun to have a kid color it in etc.....
Sorry if I haven't responded recently if you emailed me... a lot going on - on and off the track so to speak...

Most guides will fit - slot.it, scaleauto, slotting plus etc...
Basically you need the guts of a scalextric F1 car to get it going (or equivalent new parts)

The motor is very tight fit - on purpose - so it needs to be shoe-horned in with a small flat blade (careful not to squeeze it in on the cage... Squeeze the frame)

This is the body - though the template is just an outline with the pipes...
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slotmadmac » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

slotmadmac

Postby busterfla » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:23 am

Had mine for a month or so, great project. You can't be ham-handed with it, but it is quite strong for racing. Once I put mine down on the track, four members of the club spoke up and wanted some. They chose colors and have just been delivered. I put together the needed parts as a package before the cars arrived. They run really well with the Page Gage tires and CB Design wheels combo. I have been fiddling with the body in styrene plastic. Hopefully I can print out the paper version and use as a template. It will be wild to see a fleet of these on a (ahem) road course, for we have no ovals down here in Florida.

Buster
busterfla

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:12 pm

:banana-gotpics:

:text-thankyouyellow:

I could probably build a buck for styrene bodies and crank them out.... My guess is most of the lexan stuff out there now is built for brass cars which are a little bigger than 1/32.....so probably won't fit.

Really this thing was meant to be built on the cheap - thus the paper... Sitting around one day it just dawned on me that a kid would love to color it in - then race it...... Of course - some kids are older than others!!
You have to be gentle building it - but once it's together - it so much fun! It's really taken off to my surprise.... Maybe because it's different.... There are people that have ordered 4-5 in different colors at once.... Would be very cool to see those pictures!

If anyone wants a body sheet customized - just PM me or post it here (or email me direct) - I'll try to get it knocked out. Maybe it's time one of my kids learned adobe Illustrator.... also If you have adobe illustrator let me know (I'll send you the file!)....
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby KD11 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:04 pm

That's a great looking chassis. I have been printing paper sprint car bodies for our local racers. The bodies can be sized to most any scale. Here are a few pics. I like making the bodies and headers. I can do the body art from a picture, or I take a pictures of a die cast model. The No 29 Doug Wolfgang car is from a die cast.

Image[img]

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b61 ... ezpe0v.jpg[/img]

KD11

Postby slotmadmac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:25 pm

They are very, very cool. Love the chassis details.

With the lightweight printed chassis I am looking at the wings might have too high a centre of gravity unless I load up the chassis with lead. Time will tell I guess.
slotmadmac

Postby KD11 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:36 pm

The top wing makes a huge difference on how the cars handle. They tend to chatter and hop in the corners with the wings on. You might make one just to see the difference in handling.
KD11

Postby slotmadmac » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:00 pm

I just picked up a jumble box of 1/25 scale sprint car kit sets from eBay. Hopefully I'll find some body parts to cut down for the chassis - but maybe the lightness off the paper bodies is the key. I'll post some pix regardless once all the parts arrive.
slotmadmac

Postby KD11 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:18 pm

Woodman that posts here is the one that makes the chassis. He is the one responsible for my addiction to the sprint cars. He uses a sprint car plus chassis and has made lots of different jigs to make the cage and bumpers. I think the cars are unbreakable, believe me we have had lots of hard crashes and cars flying over the fence. I would glad to send you a body, send me a pm and I will send you a list of all the bodies I have.

Keith
KD11

Postby woodman » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Acording to this article......http://www.chucko.com/racing/the-cars.html
The wheelbase is 84" on the outlaws so a 3.36" wheelbase = 1/25 scale
so with the 3" chassis we are running a 1/28 scale
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!