[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Just finished! #7

Just finished! #7

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Just finished! #7

Postby btaylor » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:46 am

Only the windscreen left on this one. Its the body Rob sent me, and on a totally scratchbuilt brass chassis. it has been a test mule for some motor testing that's been going on here. Good straight driver, and a not to bad on the eyes to me. I used some mid 60's 1/24 Strombecker wheels, with Buzco knockoffs on this one.ImageImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Just finished! #7

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:48 am

Getting quite the field. Looks great.

How is the mule running? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:17 pm

I knew I was going to be proud of that. You did great. Fast, too.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby strangebrew » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:49 am

WHOA! :dance:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks Guy's! they sure are fun to build. I have a few now..... :oops: But will build more I think, as I really enjoy the builds. There are a few others on here that are getting addicted to these "Giant Midgets" as well, so we might see a couple more before its over.Image And yes, I fixed the hanging rear bar on the yellow one! :lol:
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby slowshoes » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Man - you and Dave are just killing it on these builds. Beautiful! :text-bravo:
slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Hay Bob,
It's great tht you have mended.
Would be out of the question to have a video or pictures of one of your builds. I have one of those kits in the barn along with a bunch of other kits.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Man those things look great. Nice field. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chris » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Oh yeah, they look great in the group photo.

That's a stunning paint job on the #7.

Chris.
chris
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:21 am

Another beauty! The detail just keeps getting better and better. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:08 am

These are just too cool!
Love the detail!!!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Racie35 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:13 am

Cool looking little buggers aren't they!
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby reek455 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:52 am

I have admired these for quite a while along with the Indy roadster builds. I have refrained from dipping my toe in the water as there is little local interest in these types of cars but another local racer has one in the works with a little help from Bob on the chassis side of things. So, I finally took the plunge and purchased a Monogram midget kit on Ebay fairly cheaply. It is my understanding that many of these builds use a cut down H&R adjustable chassis. I already have several Sprints plus center sections but unsure as to whether or not they are worth trying to use so I'm looking for some advice. Love these builds, keep 'em coming.

Rico
reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:09 am

Bob they really look GREAT !!!!!!!
Cant seem to find your first build . Please point me in the right direction
Thanks
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!