[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Giant Midget Project *Completed*

The Giant Midget Project *Completed*

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: The Giant Midget Project WIP

Postby btaylor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:59 pm

That looks fantastic Harry! Your solder work is as good as it gets in my opinion. My stuff looks like it was arc welded compared to yours. I really cant wait to see this one finished. and of course, do battle with it on the oval. :auto-driving:
Keep it coming, I love these things!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: The Giant Midget Project WIP

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Well, what can I say? Time just got away from me.

But it's finally finished.

Used Duplicolor paint and assorted decals from my collection. Mostly Gofer Racing.

Fabricated the guide tongue.

Piranha motor, Slot.it 9/28 gearing. Had some fun with the new Molotow Chrome pen too :)

And a few track shots.

This was a LOT of fun to build. I enjoyed following the kit as close as my skills would allow. The car runs GREAT and is just a flat hoot to drift!

Thanks Bob and Shotgun for the motivation (swift kick) to build one of these.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: The Giant Midget Project *Completed*

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:25 pm

That looks great, I like how the new 1/24 steelie wheels work so well on this overscale vintage racer (which had undersized wheels)...

I have a couple of these kits, so this is inspiration to me. I really like the way this has come together, I mean this one as well as what the other builders have posted.

Seems like a really nice toy, has a true vintage feel to it - I guess in real life it presents as a 1/24 scale car? What is the wheelbase on this build?

I enjoyed watching this one come together and the group that Bob put together made for great reading as well.

Nice thing is, these kits are out there and inexpensive - you guys have definitely renewed interest in these 'overscale undersized' models.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Thanks. Yes the wheels with the custom tire sizes seems to work.

Honesty did not measure it, did not think it mattered much given the one-off it is. The wheelbase is what the kit dictated. I'll measure tomorrow.

Fun to drive and it looks the part. That's all I want from a toy.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby CrockettNZ » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:09 pm

great work Harry
very nice chassis work to
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Great job, frame and chassis work is really art!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:51 am

That is stunning Harry! One of the best examples of this kit I have seen. The color is perfect, as well as the detail level. You raised the bar on this one!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:18 am

Very nice Harry. That brass work is outstanding! But how's it run?
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:38 am

Nice,very nice!!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks guys, and thanks Rusty for the kit!

It runs pretty good given it's size. Need to true some tires as I left them with tread on for photos. Time to get them race ready.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:53 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Do these things remind you of those Cox .049 powered tether aero cars that were so much fun in the 50s?

By the way, that chromed brass chassis is gorgeous, Harry. I like the paint, too.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby GASSERMAN » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:07 pm

It turned out really nice Harry. Beautiful. Bob.............
GASSERMAN
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Wow...that Dupy chrome paint lit it up...great choice on color too!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Looks awesome!
dge467
The King of Foil

Previous

Return to Oval Racing HQ!