[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Official Midget Proxy thread!

The Official Midget Proxy thread!

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: The Official Midget Proxy thread!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm

You know, maybe that's it. Funny thing is, I ordered them so long ago and being old and forgetful, I don't remember which version I bought. I'll have to check my ebay purchase history to confirm.
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:28 pm

My heap in the top 5? Heck, that is like a win for me :)

I had PG's on mine. Slower/classic MT motor though. I am sure it will drop back in the pack on the big oval.

Congrats GTI on your podium. I still get a kick out of the driver Vintage has in his. It looks like he is always trying to get around me :)

Now Jeremy...get a double cheeseburger WITH bacon...and some Jalapenos for a garnish. Scratch that, smother it with them. Some home fries and a nice TALL cold one.

You will feel better.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Quickcars » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Wow, talking about old and forgetful, those aren't PGTs at all!!!! Those are the EJs rubber that came with the friggin kit!!! LMAO. Getting old ain't pretty. That's solves that mystery. Now, why mine are harder or less "tractiony" than GTI's I don't know....

Thanks Jeremy!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Just caught up with the photographs.

By Jove, there is some talent concentrated in HRW!

Some of it "old and forgetful" maybe - Who cares?

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTI » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Hey Paul.....like I said top secret.......we will not disolve the special compound used!!!! :whistle: Me and my friends worked very hard on this.... :ugeek: Hey bibbster thanks for the tips they really helped out :roll: Having fun.....heck I never won anything ever and honestly I didn't think much on this. However I did run the heck out of it and my NINCO track may have braised those tires a bit and my track is very similar to bibbster's. :D
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTI » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Actually Paul I think your driver was a little P O ed you didn't put his roll cage and left the rear tie rods off now wonder he was a slidin instead of grippin!!!
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Bibster -

My car should handle well, and at 10V - it should be even easier to run - the 45 ohm controller does not sound like it is offering enough control on this commercial style slot car.

Testing on a dry wood oval at 12V with the Pro Track foams, I was able to get all the power down with no spin - and with lots of modulation using a 4 ohm controller (classic Parma style).

Maybe one of your local slot car pals has a 8, 6, 4, or 3 ohm controller, something in that neighborhood - should be a pussycat with a 6 or 4 ohm running 10 Volts...
This kind of controller might be a very common item for anyone who has run at a slot car store...

Not just a pretty face - I feel it should run like *Jack the Bear* if it can be controlled - or maybe it just needs a bigger track?

That said - thanks for all the work and all the high res pics - I was really able to zoom in and see lots of details = Great Job! Do you have plans to shoot some video of the oval action?
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby GTI » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Hey guys, I just want to say that this is a blast and Bibbster your doing a gret job. :clap: Thank you for getting this going to Paul. :) And last you all have to know that this is the first podium ever for me and slot cars!! :) Thanks for sharing with me......great bunch of cars!! :dance:
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby svanaken » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Congrats to GTI for having what must be a smooth running and fast car to do so well. I'd tell you whose tires I have, but I honestly do not know for sure. Does K&D sound like someone who does custom tires? They are urethanes but a very hard compound.

Scott
svanaken

Postby Quickcars » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 am

Thanks fellas. The interest this proxy has generated has made it all worth it!! I've learned so much and thoroughly enjoyed reading and looking at the various posts/thread on all the websites.

Just so you know, you guys are receiving compliments on Gene's site, as well as slotforum, Auslot, slotblog and SCI!

Kudos to all the entrants and I'm really looking forward to the results from the rest of this proxy and starting plans for an even bigger proxy in the summer!!!!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:22 pm

Wow, this will be cool!!!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTI » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:58 am

Wow, that will be cool.......open mic I'm guessing so we can cheer and have communications with our driver!! HA!! :P
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 am

Pretty Cool Deal Bibbster!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Oval Racing HQ!