[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New series about to begin at Hells Gate

New series about to begin at Hells Gate

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

New series about to begin at Hells Gate

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:49 am

Just ordered up this set of warriors for the new series. I am building Sprint cars right now, but will start on the Super Modifieds this weekend. Big motors, Short gears and good tires, should heat up the track at Hells Gate!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: New series about to begin at Hells Gate

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 am

Well, you got me on this one. I’m in with you. Now we know I won’t have them finished as fast as you, but I’m in dang it. :lol:

I will need those tires we talked about too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:50 am

Now that would be fun! I know you have a ton of stuff on your plate, but cant wait to see your build on these, and maybe even rub some paint at the Gate!
I have never built one of these into a slot car, but I am looking forward to it big time. The tire mold came out pretty good for these, so we will have plenty of specialty tires for them.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby bill from nh » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:51 am

Dickie Pearson built some of these Lindberg kits into slot cars a couple years ago for club/home racing here in NH.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 am

I did that 2 car kit a few years ago, good fun build
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:20 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:45 am

Those are some great looking builds Rob! How do they run? I like how you incorporated the kit chassis with the brass. Nice work!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Fitzy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:46 pm

I just bought a bunch of those kits after seeing an article in an old Model Car & Track Magazine man I need an Oval!
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Its kinda strange, actually. The tires I used were very grippy, and it was a problem taking a turn at speed on the oval. I started to rough them in, planning to work up to a 1000 grit wet-or-dry, and after they had just become rough, I tried them for the heck of it. There was just enough slip on the slightly fuzzy tires to fishtail the corners nicely, just like the real thing. They are some of the best oval cars I have.

Like so many urethanes, they clean the silicone "rubbering in" right off the track like an invasive species leaving no trace of the former silicone inhabitants.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:44 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Wow, that turned out great! Cant wait to get started on mine.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby historiceng » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:37 pm

How did I miss this post, these cars are great, Thank you
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:37 pm

How did I miss this post, these cars are great, Thank you
historiceng