New Oval

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: New Oval

Postby Slotcar13 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 am

I just got done building my tri- oval your going through what I did last year. Trust these guys there right. I ended up with filling my max space the same size as you have and got a nice 3 lane routed braided track and love it. Spend your time doing the build and it will be rewarding. I used chalkboard paint and get excl. grip. I have 4.5" lane spacing. If you want pic pm me with your email
Paul
Slotcar13

Postby ratfink03 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 am

I used latex from W-Mart. . Dry brushed some Yellow,Red N Black..sanded between coats and finished with satin water-based poly and lightly sanded with 400 grit. Just an experiment. Track seems to run good with 45 ohm controllers but have no reference in that area.. Looking for some fencing and wondering if anyone has Ideas. (inexpensive old style guard rails but can't seem to locate).. Lots of scenery to do. It is a walk around track (except for turn 1 and 2). I have lift out in center of track to help with track maintenance. Planning on track lighting, late model outlaws, maybe Legends etc. For now, scratch building late models. Great hobby for us old retired men . lol Haven't had slots for 50 years or so and now that I'm retired, I'm having major fun and along with my Iracing rig, there isn't enough time in the day.. Thanks :D
ratfink03

Postby Cheater » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks Ratfink.Looks good.

Cheater
Cheater
I've got Major Medical

Previous

Return to Oval Racing HQ!