[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 Hot Shot Midget build Part #3 FINISHED!

1/24 Hot Shot Midget build Part #3 FINISHED!

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

1/24 Hot Shot Midget build Part #3 FINISHED!

Postby Lancaster Tornado! » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 pm

:banana-rock:

I've been watching all the great postings on here about the midget proxy, I was just blown away by what Vintage 1/24 build, so I made myself one too. I used the pictures from his thread and came up with what you see below. My soldering isn't a good as his, but I'm very happy with how it came out. I did a couple different things to my chassis but pretty much the same idea as his, I've got a Dig Donkey Hot Shot midget kit to use for the body and driver, I also have some neat decals to use too, just have to figure out how I want to paint her up. Maybe if there is another proxy race sometime I'll send her on a road trip. Anyway hope you like what you see and I'll update you all when I get the body done. enjoy!

Last edited by Lancaster Tornado! on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lancaster Tornado!
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/24 Hot Shot Midget build Part #1

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 am

HEY!

That's great - Saw the thread this morning and have to say I am pleased to see someone running with this!

I wanted to run an "Vintage Offy Midget" class *locally* with this, because I think it is actually an *easy* build - It just depends on how far you want to go with all the brass bars and nerfs...

Unfortunately, the local guys weren't interested - but it would be cool to see the SCORE crowd do an "Vintage Offy Midget" class.

I am curious to see what kind of tires you spec - small diameter and thin is what looks best - but there is quite a bit of 'heft' to the little car, and it will require some traction to work the corners - so it will likely be a compromise. I suppose you could run them at 10 volts or something also?

I will be following this build. Great Job!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby ourwayband » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 am

A nice build!Look forward to seeing her done!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:22 am

Hey, looking good so far! I'm really interested in seeing the body too. Like shotgun said, the next proxy should be even better!!!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/24 Hot Shot Midget build Part #2 UPDATE!

Postby Lancaster Tornado! » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Here's update number 1, body mounted, driver set, everything cleaned and ready for paint. Plafit cheetah II motor mounted nd running well, weight installed. Rear tires are Pro-track Daytona 1 inch by 1/2 inch coated with ( Permatex flowable silicone windshield & glass sealer ) for grip, fronts are 3/4 inch by 1/2 inch and will get a coating of clear nail polish for better spin,found theaded axles and added knock offs . I put a brass tab in the middle of the chassis with a pop rivet and have two screws going through each side of the front suspension to hold body down. :o

Lancaster Tornado!
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/24 Hot Shot Midget build Part #3 FINISHED!

Postby Lancaster Tornado! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Lancaster Tornado!
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Looks great - The gold leaf numbers and striping really set off the brass! I think the only downside to the Sprints Plus, is the channel that can be seen on the sides - but with the added nerfs and radius arms, I think it ends up fitting right in.

I like how you detailed it up with nice two-tone paint, what looks like foil (or maybe some kind of quality chrome paint?), nicely done driver/suit and all. It can look *really good* and still be *fast* and sturdy strong. Makes me want to build more of these...

Where did you get the clear windscreen? I thought I might have to cast some - are there any available out there?

Maybe you should put a little black paint in the rims to make the knock-offs visually "pop" - thats what I did. Regardless - I really like the knock-offs - they look good and are functional so they fit right in with the theme of this build!

Curious to see how it runs compared to the SCORE cars. It should run pretty well even with the heavier body and narrower wheels/tires. I see you have it weighted so it looks like it will see some track action?

Again, Great job!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby VenturaAlfa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:55 pm

That is really nicely done. :banana-rock:

Where did you get the gold leaf numbers? I've been looking for quite some time and those are the best I've seen.

The knockoffs help to finish it off. How were those made? Are they part of the kit?

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Wow that came out great, looks awesome! Very nice work.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:55 pm

"WOW"!!That's a work of art!!!
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby sixtiesracer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:55 pm

"WOW"!!That's a work of art!!!
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby FootScoot » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 am

Very nice! Love the chassis, very creative. Those VRM decals really set the paint and striping off. Great job. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Lancaster Tornado! » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Lancaster Tornado!
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lancaster Tornado! » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Lancaster Tornado!
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lancaster Tornado! » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm

thanks again everyone, for all you kind words, this car was alot of fun to build.

Lee
Lancaster Tornado!
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Oval Racing HQ!