HRW Midget Proxy Thread - Part Deux

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

HRW Midget Proxy Thread - Part Deux

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 am

The cars will be coming with Bibbster on his visit here this weekend.

Here is our oval:

This will be the main playground for the cars. Voltage is 12 volts. We have various controllers in case we need them.

No video feed this time. Keeping it "old school" and will post photos.

We will be having our annual Spring Fun Run at the same time with racers from around the globe (ok, not the whole globe) present.

We will get feedback from them and post comments on all cars.

Stay tuned as we update the thread with photos :banana-rock:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: HRW Midget Proxy Thread - Part Deux

Postby GTI » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Looks great Harry!! I've seen your track on posts before and it's actually really cool that my car will get to race on it!! Have Fun!!! Turn Left guys and keep going!!
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 pm

I can not wait :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :dance:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby ourwayband » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Well I'm luckey enough to be riding with the Bibbster to Harry's castle.We are in for a ton of fun there guys.Lets all remember this is all for fun.I could post a picture of my midget and make every one feel great about their cars.Mine looks like a rust bucket barley holding together plus it is slowwwwwww.I'm not in this proxy but was out driven by Bibbster's dad who does not race slots when I helped out on the running .So I have to be in this hobby for the fun of it all!! :)

Harry looking at your track,it looks like you prettied the place up there Dude.You expecting company?? :)

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTI » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:15 am

So how did the racing go with the midgets this weekend? Looks like you guys had a blast and what a spread!!! Kind of jealous looking at you fellows chow down!
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:44 am

It went great sir.

Bibbster will make a report, but all these cars were just outstanding in build quality and performance.

Come on over, you help me clean up, I'll cook :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby GTI » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:35 am

I wish I could cause that grub was looking good!! Thank you sir for being a host and again this was a great experience building and seeing the racing etc......Thank you to all for everything you did! Much appreciated!
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTI » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 am

Hi Bibbster. Thanks again and I'm glad you guys had a blast running the cars. How do you want the funds to return the package. Paypal and what amount.

Thanks
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:13 am

seeing that pack in person was very cool, we had a good time with all the cars, thx to all who made this happen :clap: :dance: :banana-rock:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Quickcars » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Well Gents, I want to thank you all for a very successful, first ever, Midget Proxy!!!! I already have some ideas for a second go round!

Congrats to all the builders and hosts. You guys put together some AWESOME midgets. Big props to the chassis builders among us who put together some great and unique looking cars as well.

Some of you, and you know who you are, really outdid yourselves by putting to together rolling works of art! That I think more than anything else captured the spirit of vintage slot car racing. Too cool for words!

These Midgets are some of the most fun cars I've ever experienced and I will continue to build and run them whether we have proxies are not. They are just that much fun!

Now that we've pulled off a "regional" run, I'm thinking a bigger more "National" run for the next proxy in August or September. I want a host on the west coast, Harry & Jeremy again (hopefully) and someone on the east coast as well. 3 or 4 tracks and a minimum of 15 and maximum of 20 cars next time.

What do you guys think?

ps Jeremy, I need your paypal info for the return postage...
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:08 am

The pleasure was all mine buddy and thanks for offering to host a leg of the next round. Running on classic track would be interesting and would certainly offer a challenge on tire choices! Hopefully I'll remember to actually send the right tires next time...LOL

This worked out as well as I could have hoped (better actually) and I'm really looking forward to the next one. What do you think about the August/September timing of the next Proxy?
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:14 am

Paul...not sure I got around to this, it has been busy.

But I had your car on the outside lane and loved it. Handling, decent grip...and just plain fun.

I think the difference is that my track has a lot of rubber on it AND we had been doing some non-stop action on it. That really brings the grip level up.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Quickcars » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:23 am

Cool Harry, glad to hear that it did not completely suck! LOL I haven't had a chance to view the film clips yet. Been getting home to late from work.

Thanks for all your help Harry and I really hope you will host a leg of the next proxy as well.

Talk to you soon,

Paul
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 am

Sweet! I'm digging the 356 in your avatar!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!