[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Nice Ideas...

Nice Ideas...

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Nice Ideas...

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Found a few pics that I had to share for those building these sort of cars.

I want this kit.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Nice Ideas...

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Wow. I gotta find me a '37 Chevy Humpback sedan!

[edit] I just started looking and discovered that's a '37 Ford. Much easier to find!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Nope. It's a 1938 Ford Tudor Custom Sedan. Impossible to find. I may have to substitute a '37 sedan with no humpback.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Hey, close enough :)

All a matter of personal preference.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Eh, I really wanted that humpback. Maybe I'll just try to reach my shoes and get somebody to take a picture...
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DHansen » Fri May 03, 2013 7:28 am

Thanks for the pics Harry. Some one has spent a lot of time and effort makeing that blue and white #40 look so good. When I was racing fullsize dirt track stock cars [back in the 80's] we always painted our car with rustolum enamel and used a roller and brush.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 03, 2013 9:43 am

Yes sir.

Funny you mention that. That is exactly why I chose to brush paint my latest project. I think it looks ok but hard to "like" it when compared to my friend Johns model that he masked off and sprayed.

Perhaps when it is finished it will be allright.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 am

Judging from the driver's helmet, it appears this car is in a vintage type race...

Still, I can't get over the fact they didn't remove the tow bar before going out on the track... :lol:

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Fri May 03, 2013 11:27 am

When stock car racing first came to UK in the 50s, they used big-engined American cars from the 30s and 40s; and before they'd been bashed around on the race track they looked very much like these.

There seem to be lots of plastic kits around in 1/24 or 1/25 scale, but they're terribly hard to find in 1/32.

Has anyone got any hints about where to look?

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby youngster » Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 pm

:D MY first Car in High School was a '37 Ford Tudor; One My Dad had bought; Rebuilt the V8-60; and pretty wore it again; BUT I was glad to have it; NOT Tellin when that was :lol:

YOUNGSTER
youngster

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

My '41 had the 85 horse, Rick. Remember that octopus distributor?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Sat May 04, 2013 2:42 am

Thanks for the tips,Harry.

I've got one of Smilin Ray's; just haven't done anything with it yet.It's on my ever-growing list of "projects to get distracted from".

With plastic kits so scarce and precious, maybe lexan shells is the way to go.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 04, 2013 9:50 am

Lexan bodies just don't have the same "feel". I don't think I would have half the fun with something other than the hardbodies.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Oval Racing HQ!