[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 40 Sedan Progress

40 Sedan Progress

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

40 Sedan Progress

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 23, 2013 8:21 pm

It has been slow going as a few other projects had me distracted :shifty:

Started with this kit, one that most of you are very familiar with. Decent kit.

Chassis is finished. Might need a little trimming here and there but I never know until we really start racing and tuning.

But the initial test runs show a smooth runner.

I used the hard tires from the kit up front for this one. They fit perfect and give me instant "zero grips". This saves me the good rubber for the next one :)

Still plenty to work on. Fender work is pretty much finished, but a lot of sanding here and there to go.

Plus...still not sure on the paint scheme. Have a few ideas, just need to get it in primer and I am sure it will come to me. :confusion-confused:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: 40 Sedan Progress

Postby sixtiesracer » Thu May 23, 2013 10:53 pm

After I run my 40 Ford Jalopy at Sick Puppy Raceway in Weare,N.H..I'll get it in the mail ASAP to see how good it looks next to all of yours'.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby RazorJon » Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 am

you are killing me, between DixonJohn popping 5 new cars a week out and now you are doing 4-8 what?

I give up

:violin:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 24, 2013 5:49 am

Sounds like a plan.

Yeah, it has been almost a month since I bought the kit :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat May 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Ok it is finished. I went with a tribute theme that is of course fictional, but it just seemed like a good idea.

Seen photos of some of the Vintage Flathead Racing Association cars and thought it would be a different approach.

Decals are old Yesterdays and some MT Racing made for me.

Different, but it fits in our little series.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Sat May 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Really nice looking ride! Love the details.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat May 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks guys.

It is styrene rod and yes, shrink tubing. The tubes are aluminum.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 25, 2013 10:40 pm

Those are some of the most sharp and true to color decals I've seen. Do you remember who printed those?

I always like gold and white together. Brightens up the whole field in a race.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DixonJohn » Sun May 26, 2013 6:43 am

I like it. Time to trade some paint
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby dge467 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:58 am

That looks awesome, captures the look well!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 26, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks guys.

These are Yesterdays decals Rob. He stopped making them and a few years ago he had a big sale. Picked up doubles and sometimes triples of sheets to use for projects just like this.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 26, 2013 8:07 am

I am ready John...yours is faster, but I will try :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun May 26, 2013 8:14 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby DixonJohn » Sun May 26, 2013 8:18 am

Well shoot. Do the make medication for that? I'm suffering from that real bad!!! I have two '34 Fords, a 40 Ford Coupe, a 64 Galaxie, 67 Impala on the bench . and OH lets not forget my 1/32 37 Chevy project. Think I might need help!!!
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 26, 2013 8:33 am

My wife calls them UFO's. Un-Finished Objects.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!