[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - AMT Petty Dart Available

AMT Petty Dart Available

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: AMT Petty Dart Available

Postby arroldn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:30 pm

MT/5 has replaced the H&R Hawk and the NC5 as the spec motor at Bullitt in all classes but one. I've still got to convert my cars over and get back up there soon.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gentleman Norb » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 am

This could be a nice build. May have to add it to the list.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby DixonJohn » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:03 am

For Razor Jon, as soon as the suppliers get some more in I'll have some. This kit sold out so quick it was unreal. It's definately a cool kit
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby MoparGreg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Hey Harry, Are you going to use front or rear H&R wheels all round for this Petty dart? I got my kit in today, blown away, awesome kit. The body is very thin for a styrene kit I think. Im debating about using front or rear wheels all round? What do you think?
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:31 am

I am using rears all the way with those PG tires all around.

You may not appreciate the color I chose :) I used a RustOleum color that is very close to what it should be. Call it "Poor Man's Petty Blue".

I am close to finishing. Chassis is tuned, interior tray at 90%. Mount plate installed for the body. Now to see how badly I can mess up the trim.

Wish I had some hood pin decals. The molded ones are great, but painting them may not work for me as I am no artist. Plus, after primer and paint the detail is a little less prominent.

Still it is a great kit and will do at least one more.

Good luck with it, I know you will build a looker.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm

I hope so too. The powers that be there (we know) have not really impressed many lately. Mostly targeting collectors with "retro" products that have a lot to be desired. I agree that having those other kits would be a far better move than to keep making slot car kits that are almost useless to all but the advanced builder willing to re-engineer it.

So this kit really surprised me and hopefully we shall see more. I wrote them at Round2 and of course have heard nothing. Given the new "ownership", this is not a surprise.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Ahh yes, almost forgot about those.

Who would want those right? :)

On the flip side, have you seen some of the chassis work Mark at Derby City has done with them? I gave him the ones I had and and he sliced, diced, hammered, and re-forged them into some great runners.

And now that some dealers are deep discounting them, it is now a challenge and quite fun to tinker with them.

Oh, so help any company that hires on folks like us. Imagine what we could churn out if we had that "magic wand" for a few days? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:43 pm

You are right :)

Anyway, back to the model. Here is the base color.

Rust Oleum #7724 SAIL BLUE or what I like to say "Poor Man's Petty Blue"

Little dark I know, but it looks great and I like to have a little freedom with my roundy-rounders :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:49 pm

You need to join in this. You have nothing else going on, might as well get a new slot car project right?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:42 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok, will try.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah...decal time :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:06 pm

That is coming out of your pay.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Decided to do Joe Millikan instead.

Not perfect, but it came out allright. Did the window trim and other areas with a Testors paint marker. I just prefer working with it than bare metal foil.

No award winner, but it will race. Interior and wheels to do next :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Awesome Harry. What a machine!

I just got some petty blue on mine
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Oval Racing HQ!