[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Asphalt Modified Build

1/32 Asphalt Modified Build

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: 1/32 Asphalt Modified Build

Postby RichD » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:34 am

I just saw this car at a show on Sunday. I would like to do a car in HO scale, HOCOC has a class for Whelen Modifieds. I have been using resin bodies, but one of the guys has done a couple of cars from sheet styrene, which is a lot of work.
Would it be possible to get the template for these bodies?

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:11 pm

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:59 pm

hey Doctor,
do you run anything in 1/24 anywhere nowadays? just curious.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:06 am

Here are some of our resin bodied cars.

And here is a scratch build.

The class uses Magnatraction and X-Traction chassis with the ears removed.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 am

That is crazy.. realy nice for HO scale.. they look great!
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:56 pm

RichD: That is crazy great! I will try to fit something to an old HO chassis to see how it works...

turbokev: Another thing that might make it easier for other builders when mounting motors - I find cutting two slots (with the Drexel cutoff wheel) into the motor mount at the east and west positions will allow the mounting of alternative motors. Some might find that easier than soldering the motor itself in position.
I will be watching these threads to see how these Modifieds play out - motors, tires, competition, etc.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby turbokev » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:12 pm

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:33 pm

hey Kev,
I just got Ron to make me a special-bodied one.
I'm going on travel, but when I get back...
speed
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:11 am

Speaking of New England favorites......I just got the #15 "Woodchopper Special" Fred DeSarro driver.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:47 pm

that would be the one that I asked him to make for me. you're welcome for me paying the n.r.e.!
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CVGshadow » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:44 pm

I'm in if you guys run a New England series.
CVGshadow

Postby chappy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Kev you are a bad influence sir and my wife says I can't play with you anymore.
I think it has something to do with the 6 I ordered after you twisted my arm.lol
Anyway tomorrow all 6 will see the Trioval called Riverslide at my buddies.
So far I'm sticking with Rabbits , but that could change.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby turbokev » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:57 am

LOL.. I humbly apologize to your wife.. (as I've already done to mine) :lol:

5 here for my 3 lane track and more wanted :mrgreen:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:59 am

turbokev