[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Project Mario

Project Mario

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Project Mario

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:28 pm

See a lot of folks took today to do some tuning and building and I decided to join in.

This have been a project in the making for some time. After I tuned all my Monograms, we started building all sorts of brass. Been threatening to start one on one of these myself and today was a good day for it. Sort of getting a design I want to stay with and then start making more of them for the fleet.

Nothing fancy. Same ProMotor inline bracket design. I did make sort of a drop arm for the guide but it's just there to set my tripod up and then I'll solder it solid.

CB Design 15x8. I saw Dave's car and almost went 15x7. But I like the depth a little better. I used PG 21105's all the way around. Not too wide where it would look like a drag car, just about right.

Have the mount plate in and just need the motor/gearing to test.

Pretty fun day.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Project Mario

Postby Gameover » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Love that car! Ive been trying to score it for a while.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby dge467 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Nice looking chassis and car body.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Dundee Denny » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Everything looks just right, perfect!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:01 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:05 pm

That looks SHARP!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:05 pm

That chassis is just so clean... maybe you should just start selling these ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks guys.

Marty, mine will not perform as well as yours, not by a long shot. I can hardly keep everyone who visits from lapping me TWICE the way it is.

Trying to keep the rake as scale as I can on mine. It's lower than stock, but pretty close depending on the photo you look at.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 am

Looks very good Harry, this is probably my second favorite revogram stocker behind the Fast Freddie Galaxie. And the look is right on, a good rule of thumb for me is the top on the rim must be visible for the ride height to be pretty close to "the right look" PERFECT ! :clap: :clap:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks Mark...and speaking of perfect, got a box in today. You are a true artist. Period.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Cut the interior up pretty good to fit the inline. Little bit of a challenge but it worked out good enough for me.

Chassis finished. Shot it flat black for a little subdue effect. H&R HAWK 18K as per the "rulebook".

The difference. I wanted to lower it like I mentioned, but not so low so it looks like you stepped on it. Still looks ok to me when compared to photos of the car at speed.

The front came out just right as well.

Very happy with the outcome. Smooth as glass, fun to drive, and still looks good.

Fun stuff :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Now you are just teasing me showing me you have two of those beauties!!!!

What rules you building this for?
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Pretty strict rules

Have to follow the rulebook :) My grandchild would not like it if "Papaw" broke them.

Honestly, just building them to run better. Chose the HAWK as it's plenty fast, good brakes and decent price.

We usually build with 9/27 gearing. The goal around here is to make them as close as we can for that "door to door" action.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Nice. Are you doing the vnrf fun run? Oh also Dave told me to ask you what size finish nails to use for the ceramic honeycomb. I have one on the way to start building my chassis!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:41 pm

That is just plain sweet! And the interior mod is pretty slick!
Kudos sir!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!