[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 3D Printed 1/32 Vintage Asphalt Modified Coupe

3D Printed 1/32 Vintage Asphalt Modified Coupe

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: 3D Printed 1/32 Vintage Asphalt Modified Coupe

Postby ccobra » Wed May 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Wow, 1.8mm thick and I thought I had mine thick at 0.050" (1.27mm). I just might try making mine a little thicker and see what happens to the cg. Great looking car you have there.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 13, 2015 8:12 pm

I second the inserts for the CB 1/32 wheels :)

But as it is, VERY impressive and I'll want some for my big cars.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Audi1 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:00 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:05 am

turbokev - Thanks for the interest - hope everything is going well by you. Yes, I definitely will be doing more inserts - and I think the CB 15 X ? wheel will be the size to build for.

ccobra - Actually I arrived at 1.8 mm after putting a caliper to a few resin cast body shells that I had laying around. No doubt the printer could handle a 1 mm or even thinner shell - this is where the form versus function constraint of model motoring comes into play. We want these things to look like scale models but also want them to run well.

HomeRacingWorld - What size would be the best to create? Something to fit the Cb 15 X 10, 15 X 12? I would like to make these to be most useful for builders and racers. I am thinking fit the 15 X 10 size and they will just recess a bit when fitted to the wider rim?

Audi - Yes, I definitely will have these - Interestingly I am finding materials that are strong enough and 'round' enough to work as wheel/rims and not just inserts.

I know I said I didn't want to 'reinvent the wheel' - but I will be making and posting detailed wheels fairly soon.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:49 am

Oh those are NICE!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:14 pm

This project is still alive - It is coming up on almost one year since my 2015 New Year's resolution led me to posting about 3D printing...

I have been doing additional modeling - like a proper driver figure working the wheel..

THE NUT BEHIND THE WHEEL-

Adding in details and making sure things will actually fit and function the way they should.

I think I am on 'version 1.3' on the chassis - and I think it is very near 'production'. The body is in 'version 1.2' and it seems like it should work.

A FEW PROTOTYPES-

Anyway I have a few of these on my desk now and I just wanted to post up something since a few people had asked me about it in the last month. I appreciate the interest in these old modifieds - I should have something significantly finished pretty soon, and ready to show.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby RazorJon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:32 pm

man this is just a great build, more like art

great job :text-goodpost:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby DRW21 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:50 am

SO COOL!!!!!!!
When - When - When can I buy some inserts and a body (32nd)?
VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:14 pm

This thing is still alive - just haven't found the time to "get it done".

That said - Mastered the coupe and from that, a mold was made and a *score* of resin bodies cast - Very pleased with the quality of these resin pieces - paper thin 'flashing' in the window openings, no bubbles, no flaws - these should go together very easily for builders.

MERE BAG OF 'SHELLS' -

I still have to put together a few other pieces before I offer these bodies and bodies-on-chassis, but at least there is some (slow) progress to post.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Nice job. Folks should be happy.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby pastor bubba » Fri May 27, 2016 6:17 pm

That Gremlin is looking good
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 27, 2016 6:47 pm

They all look great!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby slothead » Fri May 27, 2016 11:50 pm

When I see those coupe and Gremlin bodies I get flashbacks of the #00 of Buzzie Reutimann and the #73 of Billy Osmun chasing each other out of turn 4 at Orange County Fair Speedway in NY in the 70's.

I already have way too many cars, but how do I resist making a retro series with these 1/32 cars? Any chance a Vega or Falcon body like the #555 of Richie Smith might be possible for a little diversity? If I created a retro body series I'd probably do at least 8 - 12 cars. (Did I mention I already have way too many cars?)

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:04 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

PreviousNext

Return to Oval Racing HQ!