[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - LIVE 1/32 Sportsman Showdown!!

LIVE 1/32 Sportsman Showdown!!

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: LIVE 1/32 Sportsman Showdown!!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Well, not really any points of course...and you can't take this too badly, you have to remember we raced all lanes and there was a some offs.

Your car ran great, all of them did. But it was some serious thrashing going on :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Man did I miss some apparently epic racing. Can't believe I finished mid-pack, so thanks for the run!

Did you guys record it?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:47 pm

No. Sorry. Ustream kinda let me down with ads, although I was suppsoed to have a PRO trial.

Your car did well because these knew better than to rub on it. When they found out who's car it was? Shoot, they even stood back from the track an extra foot out of respect.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Aw nuts! I thought it was recorded. I spent all day in the basement away from the PC working on the track and hoped to catch it tonight!

"Shoot, they even stood back from the track an extra foot out of respect." More like they were waiting for it to explode...that would be like one of my cars...I'd hoped it would come home with some paint on it from racing.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Oh, it might have a few :)

It will buff out.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:48 pm

I guess I shouldn't have asked. I know, everyone picks on the rookie. Oh well, someone has to come last. Next year's car will be a Sportsman Studebaker that I have already started working on. Then, watch out, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:01 pm

Actually, I am pretty impressed with your build, and the others who basically never built a car like this and gave it a try.

That is the greatest thing about this little race. It was based on just modeling something different and so many of you gave it your first try.

I can assure you, my first scratchbuild model never ran half this good.

We had a blast racing them today. A race event is supposed to be fun and I feel it was accomplished on every level. Seeing these cars fill up our oval was a sight. They all ran great and looked great doing it.

When Kev and Arrolds car arrive, I will time and run. Then the photo/judging will be unlocked.

Again, I am just really proud of all the folks who stepped up and joined the fun. Scratchbuilding is a very small slice of our already small hobby. But today, in a little old basement, we had one heck of a race thanks to the efforts from you veterans AND newcomers.

And I will thank the gang at SCC and Paul Gage. They offered great deals and I think Paul worked 8 days a week making tires :)

Well done all of you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:40 am

I did not have a chance to snap many photos. I was lucky that we had 4 of us to race and I was in the gutter lane running the timer.

So just a few.

Dixon John admiring HRW Jim's incredible skills as he time trials Norbs great Chebbie.

Jim and The General opening the boxes that arrived Saturday.

Razor Jon & Jim with more "bench racing" discussions about the models.

Jim at the "judging table" voting for favorites.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:12 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Yes i want to build another :) round two please :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Strangebrew - That's exactly what my next Studey will be like. Thanks for posting the pics.

So far I have casted 5 of them; my PanAm car, the next sportsman, one that I intend to flare to the max, one for Bob to trade for a 5 window coupe and one to use as a clone, in case I want to make a new mould (it has too much resin and the roof is about 1/4 inch thick, but it might make a great zipper top, eh?)

I am very envious of the one you own. It's a beauty. A guy near us has a silver one that is tricked out, that he takes around to car shows, show and shines, etc.

I would love to see a Sportsman proxy or fun run, so the cars ran several tracks before coming home.

What do others think of that idea?

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Looks like one, my car made it there in time for the fun - and two I missed out on seeing some great racing!
From the chatter on the threads - it sounds like it was a blast!
Was happy to see, based on the finishing tally, that my pony did ok! considering she was show room fresh (never having turned a lap) when she headed west! :)
Bummer that the uStream didn't allow any recording - as the preliminary video I saw of the field of 12? parading around looked dang impressive! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Great pics!!! I see the General was schooling Jim...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:54 pm

My friend...you have no idea.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Jim's face could of not got redder :oops: :laughing-rolling:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy