LONG ISLAND SLOT DRAGWAY RE-OPENS under new ownership

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

LONG ISLAND SLOT DRAGWAY RE-OPENS under new ownership

Postby BIG E » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Yes, ladies and gents in the NY Metro area -- the super smooth, shiny black 1/24 'strip @ SLOTS-A-LOT RACEWAY (Franklin Square, LI, NY) is up and running once again, with bracket, index, and heads up racing on Friday nights. The strip is also available for rental whenever the store is open. Of course, the "King", "Hillclimb", and Kingleman" 8 lane road courses are happenin', too, along with the rest of the facility. Call Derek Tuesdays-Saturdays (the store is open 7 days a week) @ 516-616-7075 and tell 'em I "gave ya the word". I'm usually there on Tuesday nights racin' the FCR "Hardbody" series on the road courses, with an occasional Friday night when I'm free for some drag racing.
Hope to see ya there... Ernie :>)
Last edited by BIG E on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: LONG ISLAND SLOT DRAGWAY RE-OPENS under new ownership

Postby BIG E » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Stopped in at SLOTS-A-LOT Raceway this past Friday to take care of some slot car "bodywork". The place was PACKED with dozens of 1/24 scale slot car drag racers from Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx and New Jersey! I'm told that because of the great turnout every week, the raceway is alternating every other Friday night between bracket racing and heads up, index style racing. For more info, contact Derek at the number listed in the previous post, don't forget to tell him I sent ya!
See you at the drags... Enjoy -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Ernie,

Glad to see they are doing well!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BIG E » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:25 pm

Yes, me too! Each successful racing program helps commercial raceways to stay afloat, especially in areas of the country like this where commercial property rents are ridiculously high. When I had my raceway back in the late 1980's, I packed my weekends with birthday parties and scout troops, ect. They do the same at SLOTS-A-LOT, as with most modern raceways. Not only does this go a long way to paying the rent, it exposes many youngsters (as Ed Sullivan used to call us back in the '60's) to our great hobby. It shows them that there are other things in the world that they can have fun with that doesn't involve staring at a screen and doing the "point and click" routine. They can actually have personal interaction with real people, and that they can create and enjoy something with their own hands.
Here's hoping that our hobby continues on long after we've all left this earth... ENJOY! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Holeshot Alley!