[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Dragtracks Racing System..Drag Strip Timing

New Dragtracks Racing System..Drag Strip Timing

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

New Dragtracks Racing System..Drag Strip Timing

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Last edited by ourwayband on Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New Dragtracks Racing System..Drag Strip Timing

Postby dge467 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks for the review Rusty!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:53 pm

More then welcome Jeff.
Hope this will maybe help others who are looking for this type of set up.
Thanks
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:07 pm

Excellent review sir.

You are hired! Please go to Helen Waite, our site finance manager for lucrative compensation.

But really, well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:20 pm

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks Dave and Bibbster!!
Dave that is something I've been thinking about.
That may just be the ticket as the lighting in the room was some what dim.
Thanks for the idea!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Maybe the "doubles sensors" are one IR led, and one IR resistor. Perhaps if you put the IR resistor inside the track, aligned with the IR led in the bridge, you will not need any sticker anymore...Or you may simply ruin your system listening to some french advises :mrgreen:
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Well Dave I understand your thinking..As of this afternoon I can not recommend this system either..I have built my track on a shelf type system.Set the sensors,etc..Still having some problems with it picking up the cars..I have also noticed that while showing the correct win lights,the track time is sometimes reversed..So,sad to say but this one is going back.This may just be a bad unit,I don't know..I am not trying to bash the system or company..This one just didn't work out for me..Thus ends my story..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:23 pm

That is a bummer Rusty!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Ecbill » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Wish I'd seen this thread before getting one of these. The problems listed here pretty much mirror those that mine has.

Had to elevate the track to get it to work, but not consistently. Finish tower did not read dark cars. Dots didn't really help but I only tried one per car. Unlike yours, mine seemed to work best with the sensors biased to the outside of the track, away from the rails. It occurred to me that reflections off the rails might be confusing the sensors, so I blacked them out with a sharpie. Unit would also frequently default to lap counter mode.

Sometimes it declared the wrong car the winner. Other times the ETs were out of wack. As mentioned the timer only going to tenths of a second is useless.

Don't know if our units were part of a bad batch or if they're all like this. Attempts to get support from the manufacturer have been un successful. Phone cars go unanswered, messages don't get returned. Got a response to one email saying he would call me that evening but never did. Susiquent emails went un answered. :angry-tappingfoot:
Ecbill
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:44 am

I understand your pain.I've got a buddy that also tried to contact the Company in vain..
Seems they will do nothing about the problems..
Just a bad deal all the way around..
I sent mine back to Jeggs.Had to pay return shipping but did get a refund for the system..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Holeshot Alley!