[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - MRRC Cobra *Older Release*

MRRC Cobra *Older Release*

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

MRRC Cobra *Older Release*

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:28 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: MRRC Cobra *Older Release*

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Hmm...I see an addition to my Christmas wish list...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:47 am

Yeah good stuff Harry....

I didnt like the first release MRRC Cobra's, I had one (Red with Gold stripes), could never get the mad thing to run properly, heck of a motor though from memory.

It ended up going to market.....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:16 am

Man I like this car. I may have to cave and get one. Like you Cosmic, I have tries several time to get one of the older one of these to run. Going to have to take another stab at it. MT-1, re-gear it and Paul G. tires, I'll let you know what I come up with. JIM
Last edited by HRWJim on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 am

After you run it today, I think you might want one even more. Simple and fast tuning of this chassis makes it tough to beat.

A little on the higher price line, but worth it IMHO.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FootScoot » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:08 am

I one of these in my projects pile that was started a couple of years ago. May have to dig it out and have another look. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 am

I think this is the first with the Sebring chassis Ken. Just check yours. I have a couple of the older ones too that just sit there. Maybe that is the right project, seeing if I can finally get one of those old, stubborn, front motors to...motor :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Guildman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:39 pm

I had two Sebring Chassis sent to me by John of MRRC not that long before he died. He wanted me to make patterns for two pre War cars he was planning. I don't really know why he sent Sebring chassis, but I just went ahead and put one under an old Airfix Triumph Herald body (my first car in 1970!). I took it to my local club to try it out and they were amazed after laughing at it, how well it went. All I did to it was raise the rear of the motor with a shim of lead so that the gear mesh was spot on. It is now very fast, very quiet and very smooth.
OK, it lacks brakes, but I can live with that. Taking the magnet out means it wags it's back end a bit, but it drifts nicely and I can't see the point of magnets in 1/32nd scale cars anyway. I didn't have them in the 60s, so why start now? My young grandson is getting the hang of this lark without them too.
Of course I can't run the Sebring Herald at the club because they only run RTR stuff, but my son and I run on a wood track in his loft, so we don't give a damn!
We run everything we like from a Heller 1/43rd scale Group C car with a 16D in it(!) to motorised 1/24th Merit kits, including entirely scratchbuilt models on brass chassis using balsa bodies or resins from the FPF range for which I made all the masters. Much more fun.

Cheers,
Martin
Guildman

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Martin, Good to see you here, Sir!

I would LOVE to see a video of the Heller 1/43rd scale Group C car with a 16D in it - I can only imagine space and time bending around the car as it goes like a missile.

I'm a big fan of the Sebring chassis and really love it with the M/T motors.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Yes martin, welcome. Very glad you came aboard.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Guildman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:14 am

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
I must get round to helping my son finish his wooden track so we can try the Heller/16D! He's an absolute beginner to modelmaking of any kind and yet has steamed right in with a Merit Alfa 158 in 24th scale for which he's built a brass chassis with front motor and then the next thing I know he's dropped another 16D (we had a few) into the Heller Jag and hid Scalex Mini Metro wheels and tyres under the rear skirts. And it all works! There's a certain charm about lack of experience. No way will I discourage him! I think it's great to do whatever you want. It is a hobby for him after all, even if the "Old Man" made a living out of it for years. Actually running the things is as much a hobby for me as it is for him. I haven't regularly attended a club for 46 years! And yet when we went to our local one we both made the B final! Bazz took one look at the rather restrictive classes they run and the very next day came round with all the wood necessary to build a track in his loft and that's what we did. Elements of Brooklands, Goodwood and Laguna Seca! Jigsawed hardboard...couldn't find a reasonably priced router bit of the right size, so the slots are two passes with a jigsaw. Works fine.
Once again, thanks for the welcome.
Cheers,
Martin
Guildman

Return to Product Reviews!