[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scaley Charger v. Carrera Charger- side by side

Scaley Charger v. Carrera Charger- side by side

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Scaley Charger v. Carrera Charger- side by side

Postby MoparGreg » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Hey Rob, YEs some black paint & micro mesh will go along way. My plan was to grind off the centre of the grill but leave the headlights either side. Basically grind the centre out. Then add micromesh to the hole. I think the grille will look real close then. It will look similar to the Carrera then only with micromesh.

Oh & also remove the overriders on the bumpers.

Change the wheel to some holman moodys like SCC wheels. Remove wipers, side mirror, exhausts.

Other than the rear window I think it will start looking close to something that should of been released in the first place.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:15 pm

I may try to vac-form one of the Carrera grilles. If not I was thinking of some mesh too. The real 500 used a grille from a 1968 Dodge Coronet.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

That's funny. I never noticed that, and I had a 1966 Coronet.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Yup. I forgot.

I was talking about noticing when the cars were new, anyway.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm sure someone will enjoy this car, and more power to them. Probably this would have been considered a good release 8 or 10 years ago, but by today's standards...

I don't buy a lot of American iron, but when I do, it's Pioneer or Carrera.

And holy sh**, Jeremy. :lol:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Yep, maybe 10 years ago...

And, I almost had a soda coming out my nose earlier when I saw Bibbster's post...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:44 am

I watched bibbsters show for a while and the mouthes start to open wider, scary
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Julia Velociroberts.
ElSecundo
The Great One