[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Racer Sideways IMSA Mustang

Racer Sideways IMSA Mustang

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Racer Sideways IMSA Mustang

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:17 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Racer Sideways IMSA Mustang

Postby Junior » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Great series of cars, a blast to run on MidMo.
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby Gameover » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:39 pm

Maybe i missed it boss but how did you attach the wing?
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Audi1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Nice review, Harry. Thanks.

Was there ever a Group 5 Chevy Camaro..........asked the bowtie guy..............? I know that there was a Greenwood widebody Corvette, but am not sure about a Camaro. If there was, does Racer Sideways plan to produce one?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:56 am

There were a few Camaros. Have no idea what they have planned. I have emailed them several times and no return.

Just some Shoe Goo. Mine was loose but I chalked it up to normal shipping and didn't bother to mention it. See that on other models. But it sounds like they are shipped that way. Looks like I need to amend this review.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:20 am

Once the wing is installed, does that mean the car no longer fits in its case?
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:29 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:39 am

Ya inthink they all are. My packagae said on it that it was. I dont think they fit in the case otherwise.

Thanks harry.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:40 am

Hmmm good info, thanks. I did not see that on mine.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby CatRacer » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:40 am

CatRacer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:47 am

Well I checked mine and most of that label was pretty wrinkled up. So I guess I simply dismissed it as nothing in my excitement to open the car :)

I shall amend the review as it appears this is a important issue. At least they did install a label to let the consumer know.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:10 pm

thanks harry! ive been to busy to even look at mine. i got the limited edition one. havent even gotten to play with it, but we plan on running group-5 tonight :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Wobble » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:53 am

One of these is in the New Zealand Group 5 proxy series kitted out with a 26K NSR Shark in sidewinder configuration. I had a drive of it last night and it is a beauty, it won the round.

Good review, two reasons why, I gotta get me one.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:49 am

I received my Mustang over the weekend.

Mine did have the note about the loose wing, so I glued it on.

This is what I did to retain the clear insert in the case:

That was just enough that it all fits into the case with an absolutely minimal clearance!

Very nice car, though, perhaps even nicer than the Capri, as it seems to me the front wheels have more clearance.

Dennis
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:56 am

That is definitely a "snug" fit! :)
Appreciate the tip!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to Product Reviews!