[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Ferrari 365 P2

Carrera Ferrari 365 P2

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera Ferrari 365 P2

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:25 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera Ferrari 365 P2

Postby Fast Co. » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks for that review Harry! I'm going to have to pick up one each of the red and green ones. Sports cars of this era are always on my must-have list.
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:10 pm

I'm looking forward to running it against my Cobra Daytonas from that era. And I must say, those wheels look right, but the vent holes need to be blackened to provide depth. Sharpie to the rescue!

Harry, how are the brakes? Is it more like the Carrera NASCARs, or the later Carreras?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Neat little car for sure. Nice work Carrera!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Brakes are light but there. Just like Cobra, Cheetah, etc.

I used a Qtip and acrylic black for a "race" wash effect. Good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Wobble » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:53 pm

A big improvement. The wheels just about put me off but now you've shown there's a way around it, the car's become a whole lot more desirable.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Dirtying the wheels made a dramatic improvement appearance-wise Harry. Does that make it Dirty Harry Wise? Either way: well done indeed.

I also feel your comment "For my money, Carrera makes a very good slot car for the price and this is no exception." in the review is spot on: sums up my opinion of Carrera to a T.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:09 pm

The wheels look 100x better. I need to get me one of these!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Doing the wheels may have just sold a car! That is 100% WOW!

Sometimes it's the simple things!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:26 am

Thanks guys.

Here is a after detail shot of the new look on top and stock on bottom.

On Tapatalk Pro
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:10 am

Looks very nice! It's a big improvement.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Slottus » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 am

Indeed! :)

Makes that model look grown up.

If it wouldn't be a feasibility-issue I would recommend this to the factory, but all decoration-details that go a little off the beaten path (like gradients, weathering etc.) are prone for accidents in production, raising the amount of possible waste... :-/
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:08 am

Thanks guys.

It cost me about :twocents-twocents: to do it.

I would rather have a little added fun and perform a very simple detail myself. The longer the "entry fee" is as low as it is for Carrera the better :)

:occasion-xmas: Now to convince Mama Santa I need the other one :occasion-xmas:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:15 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 am

I thought that would fix it. The wash is a better idea than the Sharpie. Looks great.

Hey, did you shade the rear deck vents, too or is that a trick of the light in the photos?
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to Product Reviews!