Scalextric Ford GT Prototype Quick Look

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric Ford GT Prototype Quick Look

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:15 am

With Dave Kennedy visiting here, he happened to bring along the new Ford GT coming later this year from Scalextric.

PLEASE bear in mind that this is a prototype. So the paint/markings and components might change.

While Dave rested up, I snuck into his case and had to have a closer look :)

The car seems well done to my eyes. I think the shape of the nose is just a touch better than the Carrera offering. Maybe not. Just my own view here.

The chassis is inline and uses the slimcan motor. No RPM tests, but it seemed the standard motor we have seen in the past. Geared 9/27 as expected.

Working lights front and rear and bar magnet located just behind the motor.

I think they have the guide placement pretty well up front.

Of course did a comparison against the Carrera version, the MAIN thing was the weight difference.
Scalextric - 79g
Carrera - 108g

I liked the Carrera version a lot and have it tuned pretty well. The main tuning difference I was able to see in the short time I had it was the front ride height. The Carrera car was as we know a little high and the front guide supported far too much weight for my taste. The Scalextric version was lower and had the the front height almost near a perfect tripod effect.

Paul Gage 20125LM tires are the best size fit I found for that brand.
CB 59 for the Quick Slicks.

The road tests I had were good, although for my track tires would be needed. I did not have the chance to sand and work with the stock very much, so when the final release arrives, we shall see.

Overall a nice effort here. I think it would fit in very well the current new line of inline GT models.

Thanks Dave Kennedy for sleeping in and giving me time to play :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Product Reviews!