[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Aston Martin Review

Carrera Aston Martin Review

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Carrera Aston Martin Review

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:25 am

Just adding the chip just makes it digital compatible. I have no idea on light boards, never researched that far.

I think the lights are ok, bright enough for me. No, not working brake lights.

If you want better lights then after-market kits or home built are always better. In fact, Jeremy (bibbster) makes his own kit and he is converting a car for me. And much cheaper than some of pre-made kits.

And since he is doing that, I likely won't bother going the digital route anymore just for them.

So looks like I will have a few digital boards to part with soon.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby hksk25 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 am

Is the bibster selling these kits?
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:30 am

No, not yet. He is still in that prototyping stage.

But you could contact him anyway and he can tell you more about what he is doing.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:02 pm

I could take or leave head lights on most slot cars. Especially the ones without a capacitor to keep the lights running when the throttle is let off. But man those working brake lights are mama mia, ey yey yey!
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:16 pm

oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:12 am

A digital chip is only a digital chip. Adding a digital chip to an EVO car does not add lights... only a digital chip.
Yes cars with lights have a braking light function in digital.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 am

I got a chance to look at the actual Carrera car yesterday. I must say I was mislead by many of the photos of this car I have seen. I had envisiond a much larger, bulkier car. But the Carrera imlementaton of the Aston Martin is outstanding and has captured the essence of the real car. It is smaller, more compact and quite attractive. I will most likely add one of these to my ever growing Carrera collection.

Dave, do you think Carrera might be adding another livery to this fine product? I feel Carrera has truly got this one "RIGHT", not to infer that the other Carrera cars are not. It's just the Aston is so nice.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:57 am

In a word... YES...
I'm glad to hear you're pleasantly surprised by the car. I think that in general the releases by Carrera have been much more detailed over the past few years. And i think that this Aston is a prime example of a really great slot car that Carrera have done. It's a very, very good model and a good slot car.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Previous

Return to Product Reviews!