[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera AMG Mercedes DTM

Carrera AMG Mercedes DTM

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera AMG Mercedes DTM

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:57 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera AMG Mercedes DTM

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Nice review Harry and thanks!
I do want to point out the cars share a common chassis (all do, the BMW, Merc and Audi) as well as common wheels and tires. So running all three of these cars should make for nice even racing.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Great car, thanks for the review! :)
Dave, whose idea was it to share the same chassis?
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:58 pm

The chassis wheelbase, magnet placement, width, etc are identical.

There is some mold differences but only for the body part placement.

I should have made the a little clearer.

Thanks guys.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Boss. :)

Harry, the older ones were incredibly fun to run, but if there was one flaw, it was that the guide didn't quite rotate far enough. Do the guides on the new models rotate a little more?
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Well to me it does? I did not get any of the older ones so I cannot compare. But the travel distance is not an issue, or at least did not present itself to be one while we raced them.

Sorry for the quickie pic.

I think most advanced guys who want to tune these on wood will likely change it out to a B-Nova or other system anyway as that is optimal method to set the front height.

Hope this helps.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm sorry Kurt but I don't know who thought of that idea. Although I can tell you i tried to kiss everyone that mentioned that fact to me during meetings about the product line because I was so happy... yeah it was awkward LOL....
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:35 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby scatman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Harry, you are killing me. I've been putting the purchase off for other cars, I guess the time has come. I've been keeping my tune-ups simple. Change the tires to PG, remove the spring from the guide, and race the car with it's partner. Fun, fun, with small aftermarket cost.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:21 pm

It tickles me that Jenny is test driving the same cars for a day or a weekend as the ones that keep coming out. She has two AMG Mercedes Sedans back to back this week!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby moparjenny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:29 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby BRS Hobbies » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 am

Harry,

Great job on the review. It has been a lot of fun coming to HRW lately since every couple of days a new review is posted.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks Brian, glad you came by.

More on the way too of course. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Product Reviews!