[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Racer 512BB in!

Racer 512BB in!

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Racer 512BB in!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Racer 512BB in!

Postby Jesla » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:50 pm

Nice write-up Boss....

I think I'll try the SlotWings.....thinking it might be closer to the Classic Fly cars in the stable.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Thanks guys.

Yeah Jesla, I like the Hotwings version too. Needs a little work, but it's what we like about them sometimes.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks for that review Harry. These Group 5 cars are a favorite of mine. I haven't collected them the way I used to collect earlier cars because funds are tighter now and us SCANCs haven't started racing them yet. These are great running cars and I do plan to purchase at least one of each body type for the track as they become available. The JPS Capri is my favorite so far and I'm really looking forward to the Group 5 Mustangs. I hope Racer still has them lined up.
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:40 pm

The big question for me is whether there is a substantial improvement over the Carerra version of the car. That Carrera 512BB is one great slot car. I should have bought the other two liveries back then, and I didn't. When I got the first one I had no idea how great they handled and I remember being shocked by the big long thing the same way the Bugatti MC12 by Scalextric surprised me.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:15 pm

I did up the Capri white kit and have the Lancia kit to do. But, may have to get this one RTR.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Glad to see the feedback folks.

Rob, you can make a Carrera smooth with a little work. If you like them then stick with them. But to line up against these is not going to be easy. I would say if you enjoy the Carrera then just stay with those.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Good Review Harry,

I like it, very nice.

I like the 512BB, like Rob, I rate the Carrera version very highly, its one of my all time favourites, in fact I have a 3M livery kicking around somewhere that is scheduled for a blueprint...

I suppose for me it boils down to price, the Racer version is the best, but is it worth two Carrera's? For what I use it for, which is messing around at home, it probably isn't.

I'm happy with my Carrera versions for that, they get the job done :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

You can get them sorta kinda close-ish..

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:55 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:36 pm

I admit the surprise factor in the Carrera is the main reason I mention them and the Scaley Maserati. I still haven't figured out why they run so well with such a long wheelbase.

By the way, if you want the Ferrari emblem, Professor Motor has repops of the Monogram LeMans cars' decals (250 and 275LM), and they are scale perfect. Should be no trouble at all to put them on the Racer car.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ListerStormGT » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14 am

Awesome review Harry, I like the Slotwings version of this car and I really don't need another one but man this Racer version sure is tempting!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:34 am

It's quite possible. I will try and get a confirmation for you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Update direct from Racer. There will be white kits in the future. No certain time frame but you can rest assured if they say it will happen, it will.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Product Reviews!