[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot.it Matra-Simca Review

Slot.it Matra-Simca Review

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Slot.it Matra-Simca Review

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:23 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Slot.it Matra-Simca Review

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:33 pm

That really does look like fun. I never was in love with the Matra cars, probably because so much was going on in my life I kinda ignored them at the time, but that is a cool looking car. Somehow the more innovative shapes kinda snag me.

I will say that the Gitanes cigs tasted terrible and smelled worse. A guy I knew was always trying world brands in those days and I smoked with him. The worst were some black Russian cigs that must have been made of cow manure.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Harry,

Sir, that photo could have been taken at our club. Except my Gulf livery Ford GT40 has the #9 on it. But I do have all three of the cars you have in the photo.

When I first got my Matra, I sent a note off to my dealer stating that the rear wheel inserts were missing. Mine also came without the blocks in the front suspension.

Your review is spot on. The Matra goes around corners like a skateboard. Perhaps that is because it resembles a skateboard - long, low and wide. I must say it is a slot car that is easy to drive fast as the long wheelbase and the long distance from the centerline of the rear axle to the centerline of the guide post make it that way.

Without it will be a car to have when racing in the Slot.It "Classic" category.

Super job Slot.It.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks guys for the great feedback.

Johnny, is this better?

Marty, I found the width to be the same as the McLaren? And just a few thousandths wider than the GT. The length and guide position is close. Check the GT40, it seems almost longer from the rear axle to guide.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dge467 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks for the review! I got one waiting for me at my local shop. I saw how Dickie's ran a few weeks ago, an I was impressed!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Xr4ti » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Matra's & Led Zepplin M8's. :D
Must be slot car heaven we're in because this is the best this hobby has ever been IMHO :!:
Still attempting to find a single flaw in the recent Ford GT40 releases. Now that I can go head to head with the #24 and #8 and being stock with the addition of only S2's, 0.0034 secs. difference on 2nd of 3 laps. Thirtyfour ten-thousandths of a second is about as matched up as there is. One time the #'s even tied on the DS200 Pro. Makes you realize that you need that extra .0001 when racing competitive cars. Only thing missing on either car is the left rear tailpipes. Ballistic and they wreck well. :idea:
Lapping 62' in under 5 secs. nose to nose.
If there is a better slot car out-of-the-box, I haven't driven it. That's why I voted it SCOTY last year.
Thx. Maurizio Ferrari and friends! Thanks for the excellent review too, Harry!

:text-bravo:
Xr4ti
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:45 am

Excellent review H!

I really enjoyed reading it and enjoyed seeing this latest effort from Slot.it as well, The Matra is a very nice thing.

Also nice to see it may be the car of choice for competition, this does happen quite a lot actually, not all slot cars are created equal :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gentleman Norb » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:42 am

Very impressive. I like that car a lot.
I see your TrakMate is working fine. Nice touch!
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks guys. As time goes on I will enjoy hearing how this model does for others. Something tells me it might earn a reputation.

Yes Norb, very happy. Best money spent in a long time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:49 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Return to Product Reviews!