[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric MGB

Scalextric MGB

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric MGB

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 18, 2014 5:14 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric MGB

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun May 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Ohhhhh - I think I need one of those!!! (I haven't read the review - just like the look!) :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dge467 » Sun May 18, 2014 6:44 pm

That is my favorite version of that car yet! Thanks for the review!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby JESIV » Sun May 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Nice review Harry! I like all of the MGB's but have none, maybe this will be the one that gets me going. It's definitely my favorite of the group.

Question, when you switch to the MT/1 motor (which I would want to do) are you re-using the stock pinion or changing. I've ruined two motors trying to use the sleeve and loc-tite method (apparently loc-tite is a horrible lubricant for these motors… who knew :lol: ) I've got several Scaley cars piling up that need a motor swap that I'd like to get back on track.
Last edited by JESIV on Mon May 19, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Sun May 18, 2014 6:55 pm

I like it! Harry your comment in the review about the front lights made me look closer at the pics you posted. The lenses almost look like they have "superglue fog" on them; if it's on the outside you might be able to polish them, however if it's on the inside...... :roll:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Will do sir, but with the body off the lights on the board seemed dull compared to the rear.

James...the pinion will be the same. Remember that sleeve is just for the fit inside the crown gear to keep the side to side free play minimal. Install the pinion, then the sleeve. Just a little super glue on the end holds them fine for me.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Sun May 18, 2014 7:46 pm

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun May 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Nice review and I like the red/white/blue idea. I'm actually very glad to see Sebring cars modeled. It would have been easy to do a rally or sports car from a race on the other side of the pond. For that I give them kudos and will buy several as a reward.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon May 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Good review Harry, those will make a nice classic line up for the Midmo and the colors are a bonus to go with your lanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!