[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Legends by "Doc"

Scalextric Legends by "Doc"

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Scalextric Legends by "Doc"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:13 am

No trouble...we can just agree to disagree. :)

I wish it was different...but there are models made in slotcar form that are directed towards collectors primarily.

I still like them. Just VERY hard to take apart and tune for my purposes.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:54 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby balsaworks » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Right - I see what you mean, David. I have already pulled on that piece that you refer to but it's pretty firmly stuck.
It's getting late over here in the olde world, I'll check tomorrow with a sharp screwdriver if I can carefully pry it off without damage, it should be OK.
Thanks!
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:00 pm

Let me know how it goes!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby balsaworks » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:16 pm

OK here's what happened: I used a fine screw driver and carefully removed the tail piece.

Unfortunately the locating peg was glued in place so it broke off and has remained in its slot.

No big deal, I drilled out both sides and attached a wire pin which works very well.

When I proceeded to untangle the maze of struts and tubes in the rear it turned out that other parts too are stuck really tight and look like they may also be glued. I decided to abandon the attempt and to remove the magnet from the outside rather than risk breaking more parts. The rim around the magnet was cut away by hand and then a dremel with a very fine burr was used to make one small hole just outside the edge of the magnet. The magnet is quite thin and once you get a tool around the edge at one point it pops out easily.

It's a good thing the car runs so well out of the box. I will stay with the too-powerful motor and run it on 9V.
It feels a bit strange not to be able to open it without risk of breaking it. I hope Scalextric will produce spare parts - that will probably be useful when I eventually have to take the car apart..
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Well...carp! I'd hoped yours would come apart easily. I'll be cracking open mine soon for their new motors. I'll let you know how it goes.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby balsaworks » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:58 am

David, I have everything apart except for the flat rectangular pieces next to the wheel hubs that should come apart at the very last step. This piece separates easily on the one side but simply won't budge on the other side. I will wait until I absolutely have to, and then work on that piece with a sharp blade, and hope for the best.
Hope you have better luck!
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby miveson » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:23 am

The new Lotus 72C - fantastic looking model.
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Got my Gold Leaf and did a few changes.

1. Lowered the rear wing by slicing the posts at the base, drilling new holes and re-glueing.

2. Installed Fly March 761 F1 urethane tire re-pops as suggested and made by Luf. They've got a rounder profile. Fit and run just fine.

3. Applied Pattos Gold Leaf sponsor decals which really visually finished the car.

Thanks TF1250 for them.

Dan
Last edited by VTECFOUR on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:25 am

Great work Dan! WOW did the wing work really change the profile of the tire!

I've got to get some of those decals...where did you get them?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:01 am

Hi Dave,

Got the waterslide decals from a friend who kindly shared them from a whole sheet of Gold Leaf done by Pattos in Australia. This car seemed so bare without them. Scaley should have provided a little sheet for self application.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks for the info!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Previous

Return to Product Reviews!