TruSpeed Carrera Digital Controller

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:37 pm

We were contacted by a customer to look into the newly released TruSpeed Controllers for Carrera Digital. TruSpeed also offers digital controllers for SCX, Ninco and Scalextric. You can order them all through Cincyslots, email g2172@aol.com

This is how the controller was sent to us to use on our shop track. I’m totally fine with this because it helps keep costs down. Most of us will throw away the nice packaging. We haven’t received our order yet so they may have different packaging.

The controller comes with 3 buttons. The one on top is for sensitivity for the throttle. The best way I can explain this is, if you’re like me, you constantly get on the throttle too early exiting a curve. So if you dial the sensitivity back a little, it essentially puts a slight delay on applying power to the car. On the back of the handle you will see the brake button. I’m waiting on clarification on this feature. Lastly, you have your lane change button.

It also comes with a throttle adjustment so you can make the trigger as hard or soft as you see fit. It’s a simple adjustment using a Phillips tip screw driver.

I’m very happy that our customer recommended these. The response is excellent. The adjustable throttle is simple and makes these fit a large variety of driving preferences. The buttons are conveniently located and easy to use. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or post in this thread. I’ll do the best I can to get you the answers. Pricing coming soon. You can get these at Cincyslots.com
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: TruSpeed Carrera Digital Controller

Postby goosenapper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:06 am

Is that just a standard phone cable that they use? If so, that's a great idea. You could just pop the cable out and put in a longer one if needed. It would also be useful for transport. I stuff my Rubirosa in my Carrera carry case, and I have to be careful not to pinch the bottom of the controller where the cable pokes out. Being able to just remove it and not worry about it it a nice feature.

How easy to use is it having those buttons on the back of the controller? It seems like it would be tough to hit them and keep a grip on the controller on-handed. Again, comparing it to my Rubirosa, I just use two hands. One to hold it and control the throttle, and another to hit the lane change button.

Maybe it's just me and my driving style, but I never noticed a difference with the sensitivity knob on my Rubirosa. Each race I have the knob turned all the way in one direction, move it all the way in the other direction, and the lap times are about equal.

I wish Carrera would offer a standard trigger controller, but it's great to see individuals step in to fill that void, adding improvements as they go. Overall, how would you say that the TruSpeed compares with the Rubirosa? (other than the fact that it's still being made :) )
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:53 am

I felt the same with the sensitivity. Then when racing with Seb(Rubirosa) he showed me the difference. While subtle, there is a difference is reaction time. On the Truspeed, it's about the same. I did take the brake button off. I didn't use it much and it kept me from hitting the wrong button. The other nice feature of the truspeed is the throttle adjustment. You can make the spring/throw stiffer or softer. Oh, and the cord is a phone cord jack on one end and the Carrera plug on the other.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Tue May 19, 2015 5:21 pm

can you also get this controller for 7042 scalectric power base?
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue May 19, 2015 5:44 pm

I can check. We primarily deal with carrera tracks.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Tue May 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Thanks been looking at getting one to try out. the other us dealer has not got back to me so I hoping you might be able to help me out
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Fri May 22, 2015 10:21 am

Yes, they will work with the 7042 according to my supplier. I only have 4 so if you want any let me know ASAP. g2172@aol.com

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Fri May 22, 2015 7:55 pm

Really do they come with a different cord then> the scaleys have 3/32 male plug that plugs into the power base.
Not sure how the Carrera works. I was under the impression that the electronics were different from the two brands. let do a little research and get back to you
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon May 25, 2015 9:40 am

You would get the same controller so to speak but it will be for Scalextric rather than Carrera.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Tue May 26, 2015 4:25 pm

thanks for the reply. think I'm going to hold off for now. I see they are coming out with a wireless model and would rather go down that road and not deal with cords. thanks for the help
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:12 am

Due to popular demand, we rushed in another order of the TruSpeed Carrera Digital controller. Pre-Orders will go out today.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Any ETA on the wireless model?
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:27 pm

No but I can check.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:03 am

nothing new to tell on the wireless for Carrera. :(
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:36 am

Thanks for the update. I'll keep hoping. Once you have used the wireless controllers, the wired controllers just don't have much appeal.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!