[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Hey Little Carrera Cobra! Tuning Part One

Hey Little Carrera Cobra! Tuning Part One

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Hey Little Carrera Cobra! Tuning Part One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:07 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Hey Little Carrera Cobra! Tuning Part One

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Nice!

Looking forward to getting mine shortly, I may de-hokey the front of it though :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks Harry

sanding down the high Carrera rims - why didn't I think of that - I will be doing this on a couple of my more problematic Carreras first chance I get. (Problematic in finding a suitable tyre due to the higher rim)

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Cool Deal Harry!Neat idea on the carrera rim also!
Thanks for sharing.
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Looks like I will add this to my list. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Harry, I was wondering, if you cut the front part of the chassis/grill, and glue it to the body, it will allow the chassis to float.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm curious why you replaced the motor.

CrankyDave
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 pm

I will try it Tony, I was going to, but just went this route first.

Changed the motor to a milder one for classic racing. Tames the little cars down so they fit into our existing models.

Just a personal preference. Nothing wrong with the stock.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby buspor63 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 pm

The tip on the wheels is an interesting one. I never noticed the center rib was tall on Carrera wheels untill you or someone else mentioned it earlier. With my Carrera wheels, I've had good luck by splitting the halves, cleaning all the flash off of the mating surfaces till the halves slip together easily, run the inners with axle on the Razor to be sure they are concentric, gluing the outers back on and truing the outers to the inners and flattening the rib....... stock racing, leave no stone unturned!
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:39 pm

That is an interesting way to do it. I haven't taken apart any the Carrera wheels since the old COT Nascars.

It's good to hear these different techniques, thanks!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Good stuff Harry, and I like the wider tires on the rear too. I think you have found some new favorites! ;)
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Tony, yes it can be done.

Use a Dremel with a cut off disc and simply take it off. I sanded it with the barrel sanding attachment to clean it up.

The light bar assembly you can remove as well. No need for it unless you are using them.

Then trim back the front.

Plenty of clearance.

Yes Lee, I have :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 pm

So a chassis mod summary.

Sand edges and open up mount holes a little.

You don't need to remove the pipes. Just carefully sand where shown until you have enough clearance clarence.

And make sure to remove the lips/cup edges from thebody post without shortening it (stock appearance).

Not very pretty I know, but it works. Chassis now has excellent float.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Scatman1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks for doing it first. :-) I'm having so much fun with my Carrera and Mono NASCAR, that this mod will have to wait.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Slot Car Garage