Tuning Sal - Some Christmas Eve Fun

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Tuning Sal - Some Christmas Eve Fun

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Well, Merry Christmas folks. I hope all of you are having a great time. Decided to do a little tuning this Christmas Eve on one of my new toys and thought a few of you might like it.

This car was very easy to do. I inspected the real wheels, axle, and gearing while it ran on the Tire Razor. Looked VERY good. So all I needed to do was true the wheels up, mount some R3 PG tires on it and the rear was ready to go.

Up front I did swap out to the B-Nova guide. I like it a lot for setting the car up the way I like. Used the Slot.it guide.

The rest of the chassis was sanded all the way around, opened up the mount holes and flush sanded the body posts. I wanted to lower the rear of this car just A LITTLE. I am not into slamming my cars into the ground like a lowrider. I just wanted it to have that USAC rake so all I did was sand the rear body posts flush with the bumper tabs. A little means a lot on these cars.

To make sure the bumper tabs clear, file down part of the chassis towards the front of the mount hole. I like a good old flat blade file.

To make sure the body/exhaust does not rub, I marked the body area and sanded lightly with a sanding drum. Not a lot...and once mounted you can hardly even notice it.
I also snipped off the 2 posts on the interior so it would sit down.

It may not look pretty, but the results are what counts. You just have to sand a little here to make sure the top of the motor does not hit the bottom on the interior. And before you ask, YES I have sanded all the way through a couple times and guess what? You cannot hardly see it. Paint the top black and go racing ok? :)

This is how much you get. Not a lot, but enough that it still looks right and you still have good body to chassis float.

See? Nothing drastic. Lot of fun tuning this one, and not a lot of extra cost. About 12 bucks with tires, B-Nova and guide.

Runs great! Unless of course it's me behind the wheel. My son Anthony and I had a time tonite racing these old warriors.

Merry Christmas slotters! :occasion-santa:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Tuning Sal - Some Christmas Eve Fun

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:09 am

Very nice work H,

It looks most excellent, you have done a very neat job on it (love the Smokey car too, it IS sinister looking!).

The Carrera stockers run great, they take that much punishment as well, very robust and durable models, and man don't they look great!!!!

Merry Christmas mate :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:29 am

great write up Harry, thanks for taking the time to show us step by step
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby sixtiesracer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:13 am

The nose of the Daytonas and Superbirds makes it easy to get the other cars out of the way.Sort of like a Cowcatcher on the old steam Locomotives. :lol: :lol: :lol:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby sixtiesracer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:13 am

The nose of the Daytonas and Superbirds makes it easy to get the other cars out of the way.Sort of like a Cowcatcher on the old steam Locomotives. :lol: :lol: :lol:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Return to The Slot Car Garage