[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Glueing tyres (or tires)

Glueing tyres (or tires)

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Glueing tyres (or tires)

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Hello all

I use a range of products for glueing tyres to rims including white glue and clear nail varnish and superglue

I usually put a bead around the out edge of the wheel or tyre and then slip the tyre over the hub and rotate (if it will move) to try and get an even spread around the whole rim.

I was watching a video on youtube and the chap was coating the whole inside of the tyre with nail polish and then sliding it over the hub.

So what is the consensus - do you glue only the outer edge or the whole inside of the tyre? Does it make a difference which way you go?

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Glueing tyres (or tires)

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:59 pm

I really load up the nail hardener stuff, then as the tire is slipped on, I quickly wipe excess off and slip an axle through, rolling the tire on a flat surface to ensure even distribution. Wipe again, and leave it alone. So far, it has served me well with all compounds.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:13 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:49 pm

David i learned from Harry , and it works for me too.
I like thenfunny looks i get in the cosmetics department and when i tell the girls i am looking for a particular shade lol
Bo
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:25 pm

There you go. That's several people doing it the same way exactly. Who knows? I may have started doing it that way from something Harry said!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:13 pm

I use the Hansens as well. I simply do the middle rib of the wheel - never had one come off and it doesn't make a real mess either.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:55 am

I use Gorilla glue. An expanding glue that sets up in a couple of hours, has no odour, and is easy to break free when it is time for new tires.

Cheers

Dan
Last edited by BARC 1 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:05 am

I use UHU super glue and only on the outside edges
this allows the tire to expand at speed increasing the outer diameter giving a bit more top end speed
plus I treat all of my rubber tires with CRC 226 electrical cleaner and the the two don't react with each other
plus the cheap super glues react with NSR rubber causing them to split
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:37 am

Ditto on Hansen's, yes I got the idea from Harry too. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosewheel » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:33 pm

I go with Hansen' s also, easy on-easy off. Really cheap, which is a good thing.
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Slot Car Garage