[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tuned Scalextric Lotus 49

Tuned Scalextric Lotus 49

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

Tuned Scalextric Lotus 49

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:32 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Tuned Scalextric Lotus 49

Postby WB2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:42 am

Could you offer a comparison between the Minnow at 12 volts and the standard motor at 10 volts?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 am

Even with volts reduced, the stock motor is just too touchy for me. 2 volts is not enough and any lower, then the controllers are not working optimally. The sensitivity isn't as precise as I like it.

The motor swap keeps the car tamed and has that smooth lower power band I prefer.

Just personal taste.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby WB2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks.
I'll try that motor. The vintage F1s are a lot of fun and look great.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Have you compared a Minnow with an M/T SL-1 motor?
The Minnow has about 4,000 more RPM.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Yes I had a few with the MT/1. Fun but almost too mild for the cars. The minnow just has that little but more that make the cars fun for me.

At the lower cost, I guess just test for yourself. It's all about your own preference. I like a fast slot car, our oval racing is testament. But these cars I just enjoy in a milder action.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Racie35 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Harry I'm curious what the orig motor was (I have the Cooper climax). And what ratio you used on that chosen motor?
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:34 am

The motor is the stock Scalextric it came with. I left the stock gearing (9/27).
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Mitch58 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:30 am

I've replaced several Scalextric motors with the Minnow, it makes the small cars all much more drivable.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowshoes » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:08 am

Harry,

Where do you source the sticky backed lead that you use? I'm always hammering split shot down into the shape I need and then double sided taping it into place. I'd much rather use sticky backed lead that cuts easily with scissors for an easier, cleaner install.

Thanks for any info.

Bill
slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slowshoes » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:51 am

slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!