[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Trans-Am Tuning!

Scalextric Trans-Am Tuning!

YOUR Place To Share All Your Tuning Tips & Speed Secrets!

ok guys... Mustang?

Postby noddaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:30 am

I have a Mustang (like the one in the story) and I am having a hard time separating the chassis from the body at the rear. It is stuck!
Any secret here? I really do not want to break my Mustang....

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextric Trans-Am Tuning!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 am

Scott, Did you get the screws out that attach the interior to the chassis? There is an extra pair of screws in the center section of the chassis. When you put the car back together, ditch those screws. You don't need them and they impair body float.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby noddaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:29 am

noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Just use caution, but it will pop off. Use a small exacto blade or very fine flt tip.

Might not be the paint, sometimes the clear coat/paint on the body post gels and sticks to the chassis post mounts. ( the 2 holes in the rear)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby noddaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:04 pm

noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Scott - let us know what you find.

I just did 3 more tonight and got 3 more ready to do another evening. MAN! These things rock now! What surprised me the most were my old resin cars...I'd forgotten how good they look tooling around the track!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby CanAmFan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 pm

CanAmFan

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:09 am

Glad this has helped. Thanks RM for putting up the video and showing the gears.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby CanAmFan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Great answers to my questions. I was betting that washers being cut on one side was making them into C's. The glue and oil trick required more info. The weight balance sheets are hopefully going to come in real handy.

Thanks, again.
Paul
CanAmFan

Postby CCC » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 pm

I have only run my Trans Am cars on my small home magnetic track and they run really well. Thanks for the great post on making them better. I'm sure I will need to do it when I run them at the clubs wood track, or when I finally build my own.

Curtis
Last edited by CCC on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CCC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Curtis, it will help no matter what the track is. Glad to give you some ideas!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby CCC » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:32 pm

I'm sure it will. Im going to do the mods to my Camaro first. It runs 3.0 second laps on my small home track. That is right around the average for Scaley cars on it. My mustang however runs it at 2.4 seconds. Thats in Slot.it GT40 range. I haven't run either of them on my clubs wood track yet so they are both on sanded stock tires. Some PG tires will help the Camaro out I'm sure.
CCC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:20 am

dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:38 pm

What does "hot gluing" your motor to the chassis accomplish ?
Is there a best spot for the glue ?
Many thanks !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:48 pm

I use hot glue. It keeps the motor from "walking" around and moving away from the pinion. Really makes a difference in my experience!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to The Slot Car Garage