[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HEARSE OVERHAUL

HEARSE OVERHAUL

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

HEARSE OVERHAUL

Postby dge467 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:18 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: HEARSE OVERHAUL

Postby chappy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Kool Ghoul mobile
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:37 pm

You know, this reminds me I have some kit parts I found while digging around yesterday.

I'll PM you some pics and send them out. They need a good home.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Good looking rework! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Beast Lee » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Being someone who owns 1:1 Hearses, I absolutely love this... :music-rockout:

What kit did you start out with...?

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:25 pm

I love the idea for the 'vinyl' roof, that looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:47 pm

Seriously cool!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:00 pm

Looks like something you'd see on "Fast & Loud" :laughing-rolling:

Outstanding! :text-bravo:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeyAutobahn » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:01 am

MikeyAutobahn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:37 am

Looks neat, Jeff.......................but is the dragon still inside..................? ;)

Alllan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 am

Thanks! Beast Lee, it started out as an AMT Ghost Busters model kit. I think Auto World has a current kit out of one. Allan, he got the local MSPCA to take care of the dragon. It is available for adoption.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby racer6583 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:36 am

Nice redue of the hearse. I never thought of using dust tape for vinyl roof application I use masking tape so if you don't mind on my next model I'll try your idea on it.

Thanks for a different approach to my static model builds.

Thanks for sharing.

Rex
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:18 pm

This may be the oddest post I ever did... I had a 1959 Cadillac hearse/ambulance made by Superior Coach. That model is of the C&C coachbuilder. My 2 roommates and I put our life savings into it, totaling $75. We got the hearse, plus a battery and one tire from 3M Coach in Memphis and drove it home, which wasn't very bright because the brakes turned to dust shortly before we made the turn into our driveway at the rent house we lived in. It was rusty, so we had a party and invited everyone to bring a can of spray paint and a 6-pack. Yes, we masked it off thoroughly before announcing the party.

It was retired from DeSoto County, Mississippi, where it had been convertible from hearse to ambulance according to need in that very poor county in its day. We drove it for a few years, going on triple dates to drive-in movies, as we were able to gut the back and wedge in a full size couch.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:23 pm

That is very cool. I knew Beast Lee would like that one. He customizes 1:1 hearses.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop