[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Printed 3d Jalopy

Printed 3d Jalopy

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Printed 3d Jalopy

Postby ccobra » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Spent some time on the computer modeling up what I wanted to be a 31 Vickie with a modern day engine in it.Image
Printed out the parts, but this time I thought I would make the engine/interior fasten to the body and still fasten the chassis to the body.Image
With everything seeming to fit OK I went ahead and assembled the chassis.
With everything secured with glue on the chassis, I assembled the body and interior. That's when I discovered that the radiator was to long and wouldn't fit properly. Anyway, with a little help from the dremel that was quickly resolved.
And with everything snug as a bug in a rug;
Then a quick trip to the track for testing.
What a disappointment. Looks like I'll need to spend time working the kinks out of the flag to get the car to travel correctly. I usually use the Slot-it flag which only requires installation but these Scaleauto flags are a different story. The flag sticks in the groove of the track just enough to make it 'pop' out of the groove, even on the straights. I tried grinding down the sides of the flag where now it just hops down the track. Tomorrow I'll try to shorten the flag to see if that is what is needed. And it looks like I used the wrong tires with the front wheels. Oh well, it was fun today anyway.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Printed 3d Jalopy

Postby pastor bubba » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:09 pm

There is still something on these 3d projects that I cannot wrap my brain around, but the results are amazing.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Stop the presses. We interrupt this great topic to comment on other items seen.

Car/Modeling is very nice.

But...what does a person need to do to get those jack stands? :)

Now return you to your excellent topic.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ccobra » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:32 pm

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Thanks I will, appreciate it.

Was looking at scanners myself the last couple days, might ask a few tech questions soon :)

Thank you very much.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ccobra » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:24 am

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowdogracer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:46 am

Wow what an awesome build! What CAD program do you use?
slowdogracer

Postby ccobra » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:10 am

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowdogracer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks
slowdogracer

Postby Gameover » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:35 am

I to would like to do what ever needed for a pair of the stands!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Alaskaracer » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Love the vickie, looks a proper Legends car!
Alaskaracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:05 am

Love the "Jalopy"!!!
Definitely a cool approach! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby choc-ice » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:59 am

Love the front springs, I'm just surprised there aren't visible hydraulic hoses for the brakes :D
choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Got the interior painted.
And then installed.
That little small block sure does take up some space. I modeled up a 4.6 DOHC for the small block.
And completed.
This thing sure is fun to run on the track. Thanks for looking.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Chris - you are really cranking them out! Your 'Vair's chassis did well today too!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop