[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Mold progress

Mold progress

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Mold progress

Postby proxieken » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:56 pm

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:25 pm

How soon will the bodies be ready for sale , and when I said bodies I am also referring to the Dodge Charger , and what will they cost .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:38 pm

What is the web site to order the bodies from
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:11 am

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:05 am

Congratulations on getting it done man, it all looks great, hard to imagine the horror of having the site crash and pressed for time toward the end of the project.
Successful, great looking car, plus goodies to go under it,

Mine is on it's way :banana-dance:

Cheers!
Last edited by FC47 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:06 pm

I am so glad that this long effort has come to such a triumph, which I have been following here, and waiting impatiently to see it come to the point of a retail product. I also thank you for making this product affordable enough so that we can buy lots of them! I have already bought lots of my friend Dave Reinecke's 70 Monte Carlo and 73 Chevelles (and many other cars - still wish he could make more), and lots of other 70s NASCARs from other sources, but I just bought (9) of your Cyclones because (a) your products look like great quality and have all the bits (like glass and tray interior) that we need in a detailed, lightweight body, (b) I want to support all your hard work. I would buy the other models of the era from you like I did the Cyclones (I have and am interested in bodies for NASCAR series from 1954 to 1988, or other racing series from the earlier era). I would also like sources of spectator and pit road figures, and even heads of open faced helmet drivers, and plain male heads, with or without caps, to replace the full face helmeted pit crew sets originally made by Scalextric.

There's a lot of other stuff I would get, even though my basement is busting at the seams, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and congratulations in bringing this to reality!
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Hey Ken , Just bought one of the kits for the Cyclone kit . Just a quick question , are you still planning on making the Charger ? Because if you are I will be planning on buying a couple of those .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:27 pm

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Congratulations on the completion of such an interesting project. This has been extremely interesting following and the added suspense has made it even more exiting, and my wife will tell you, there isn't too much I get excited about. Kudos on the website too. I've checked in.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:11 pm

That came out awesome Prox!! Will probably obtain one of those and others down the road plus the interior that you make will probably work sweet in other scratch built cars...I really like it!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:23 pm

I just ordered 2 bodies and 2 race chassis. Been watching this move forward all along and didn't want to miss out.

I placed the order on my smart TV but didn't zoom in so I may have missed something I needed to do for the race decals. I'd like a set for the white Purolator car and a set for the red #48 car. PM me if needed.

Thanks!

Joe in Maine
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby RBPhillips » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Same for me, just ordered with considerable satisfaction.
RBPhillips

Postby proxieken » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks everyone for all the comments.

I remembered a couple things. WASH before painting. The mold release is not very friendly. Here is a washed and unwashed hood painted and you can see the difference.

The hood now fits in to the space without sticking up in the air. That was a real problem early on. So you do not need to order that belt sander. You do need a couple of small files to clean up the flash.

Someone had asked about the weight. The package is 2.6 oz. Figuring a little less because you are not going to use both hoods or any of the sprue runners on your car.

Most likely the first batch will be gone by the time you read this but I will attempt to get some more sorted out ASAP. I am going to EDM the mold one more time to reduce flash if possible. It is a bear to set up and get running but next time I will run at least 200 of them to make sure I do not run out. A few dozen was not enough.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Wow those look good so I just placed an order for a couple. Thanks and great work.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Those gun sights still are bothering me. They look OK in the mold until you try to paint them and realize they are not very defined. :angry-tappingfoot:

I will have to accept that they are not perfect.

This is a street car I am painting up for my brother. Ok to beat around the track but I will figure out something for that gun sight eventually.

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop