[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Mold progress

Mold progress

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Mold progress

Postby proxieken » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:29 am

Everything is packed and shipped. If I made any mistakes let me know. I think I got all the decal swaps correct. If not I will send one out to replace.

There are a couple in the store but more will be added in a day or so. Just got to pack things up and see what needs made.

Thanks everyone, and I hope they give you some options for stock car racing. :text-thankyouyellow:
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Mold progress

Postby RBPhillips » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:02 am

Ha! I owned one of the real ones, and the front end never looked totally right for more than a day! :lol:

These will be fabulous models. Lots of buyers with personal histories or affection for these Mercurys!!!
RBPhillips

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:19 am

I've been having a lot of computer trouble- mostly because it is as antique as I am, but I never saw anything about the decals on the website when I ordered. I just re-read this topic and I have to ask... how do I get them?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby proxieken » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:16 pm

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Hey Ken, really happy to see you get these to market! I just ordered 2 bodies and a street version chassis. For decals I would like one street version set, and one #21 Purolator set. Order# is 1789.
Thanks,
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:04 pm

I'm keen to get my grubby little mitts on a couple of these kits with Purolator and #48 decals too so I added these to my 'cart'. Unfortunately a shipping option to New Zealand doesn't exist in the drop down so I've used the 'contact' section in the website and hoping for a reply, although I imagine you're a very busy man at the moment.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:27 pm

So, Now that it is shipped and on the way, how can I get the Purolator decals?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:08 am

VERY cool!
Placed an order as soon as I saw your posting and looking forward to doing a build up!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Wobble » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:33 pm

While viewing Cyclone Nascar images on Ms google I found this. Kind of wish I was brave enough. http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2015/04 ... -just.html
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:29 pm

Wanted to be sure everyone knows that Proxieken contacted me and has solved my decal problem for me. Didn't want to leave any loose strings about this phenomenal effort and our access to it. He's taking care of his customers just fine.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Wobble » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Got to agree with waytoomuchintothis. Proxieken to the rescue again, didn't leave me high and dry either. Exciting times ahead.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:35 am

I have not posted a pic of the 92 car yet. It is the hardest decal to set and perhaps should be avoided. It seems simple enough but getting it to wrap properly without wrinkles is going to be a challenge. If you attempt it you should first shave off the door handles and mirror posts or it will be even tougher to get it to lay down flat.

Also, if you are looking for a D132 chassis you might want to avoid the Torino. It is just not easy to fit. This car is setting on a Carrera Charger chassis. The wheels need painted gold for this particular car. If you attempt to use the Torino be aware that some major cutting is required. I have used it but it is a chore.

It would be easiest to add a chip to the Pioneer chassis.

Once some of these cars get painted up I would like to see some pics posted here please!

I have someone who is going to try the Waltrip car and will post pics when he gets it done. It is way beyond my skills.

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Hey Ken , Just wondering if you plan to make the Charger also , if you are , sign me up for one
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:39 pm

He said he's going to do the 1972 Road Runner/Satellite/GTX first. After all, look at how many Chargers there are out there- but I don't know his reasons.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FC47 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Mine gets here tomorrow, Thanks again Ken, I know it'll be a good runner because I have a couple Pioneer Chargers.

Isn't the Plymouth you're talking the King's Roadrunner?

Looking forward to building the Cyclone :banana-dance:

Ha! Waaay, you got me by a minute!!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop