[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Border customs AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

Border customs AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Border customs AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

Postby tin_indians » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Ordered parts from Pendle Slot Racing in England on March 16....Royal Mail tracking says it was at the Heathrow docks on the 20th. To date, no package. :angry-tappingfoot:
Pendle says to call customs, customs says to call Canada Post. I call Canada Post, they say they can't release any info to me because it was sent registered mail. And I have to get the vendor to call Canada Post to get the info on the status of the package, so that Pendle can update me. :angry-cussingblack:
I have two builds under way that are just sitting now coz I need the Pendle parts before I can go anywhere.
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Border customs AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

Postby munter » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:29 pm

sounds awry....something must be wrong as Pendle deliveries are usually pretty straight forward...even down here.
I have had parts arrive in five days from the UK to NZ.

Were you ordering something military grade?
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tin_indians » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Nope, a pod and motor and about a half dozen drivers figures.
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Historically I have found UK deliveries to be quite quick. HOWEVER: I am also waiting on a parcel from the UK. I ordered some parts from Top Slots & Trains and it shipped on March 22. I also still have not received that one either.

I think Canada Customs is just really, really slow at the moment.
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:33 pm

UK parts usually take two weeks to get to Canada for myself but once a year there is always a package that takes two months for some reason. Hold tight!

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tin_indians » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:57 pm

This is my second order. Like was said, The first was only 2 weeks to my door. Dunno why the big kerfuffle and delay this time.
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:50 am

I recall that some years ago there was an international proxy series and getting the cars shipped from one country to another was a major pain in the neck. In one case a host had to go to customs in person and bribe someone to get things moving. I have only ordered stuff from Pendle's a couple of times and in both cases things were slow to clear UK customs.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:03 am

The mail is a funny thing. While most packages are quick to arrive, I've seen a package take nearly a month from the USA to Canada. Talk about a head scratcher.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:17 am

I ordered a Dan Gurney print from a UK seller on eBay, it took a month and a half to arrive.
I've ordered other stuff from various vendors in the UK and have them arrive in week. I guess it depends on what boat they use that day to cross the pond.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:04 am

Rick:

Email Sean at Pendle...he has assisted me on many occasions and is great to deal with.

midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:50 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby noddaz » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:14 pm

THAT is a lot of slot car stuff...

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:20 pm

I have been in the store, the middle 2 pictures. There are cars all around the edge as well - it's a wonderful place!

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tin_indians » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:43 pm

Got my order today.....nothing on Canada Posts website about tracking. It was never on their site. Just showed up at my door. Way to go Canada Post :mad:
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Canada Post And the Royal Mail do not have a tracking agreement like the one we have with the US. When my parcels from Pendles are sent and a tracking number is given, you can track it on Royal mail up to the point it is given to Canada post. From there it is given a Canada post number, goes to Customs for inspection, then back to Canada Post, and eventually to your door. Usually 10 days for me including weekends.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop