[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Brass and sidewinder pod information ?

Brass and sidewinder pod information ?

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Brass and sidewinder pod information ?

Postby Rastas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:51 am

I'm going to hold a 1/24 brass chassis with a sidewinder motor pod . but I can only find 1/32 slotit pods is there a1/24 one ? Or will I have to use the smaller Axels insted of 1/8 axles ? Any information will be greatly appreciated thanks!!
Rastas
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Brass and sidewinder pod information ?

Postby Mitch58 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:34 am

I've never seen a larger pod. If you're really good at soldering brass I suppose you could make one, but you'd have to be better at soldering than me.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rastas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Yes, the reason for the pod it's I'm not quite that good, it's not the size of the pod it's the oil licks, are they removable I have only seen them on line and are they removable and replaced with 1/8 one's ,sorry I didn't explained myself proply !
Rastas
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:02 pm

You mean the oilite bushings for the axle?

You can ram out the pod bushing area?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Ream out a Slot It pod and the bushings or bearings will slide in or start with the a new Slot It pod, SICH115 made for bearings/bushings.
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:19 pm

If you are building a brass chassis, you must be able to solder a little bit right? You can make a "pod" of your own with some brass plate and a drill. It will take some measuring of course, but its not hard. If you are using the cox style large spur gear, you have plenty of room between the pinion and the spur to mount an axle. You can use a brass tube large enough to hold the 1/8th bushings. This simple chassis is made from this design, and could be added to any size chassis you build.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Pappy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:09 pm

Why would you want to use 1/8" axles? 3/32" axles is all we use in 1/24th scale Retro racing. There are all kinds of gears out there for 3/32" axles in 48 and 64 pitch. Or just use the gears made for the Slot It motor pod.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rastas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:42 pm

IMG_20181229_011637.jpgIMG_20181229_011637.jpgThank you every. Body for replying, the idea of the pod was an easy way to build a sidewinder brass chassis without adjusting of the pod and a practice stepping stone ,yes I can soldier,I'm 2 hour,s away from home with basic tools.medical treatment! !!,the only reason for 1/8 axles is that's what the majority of my cars run! Except my tamiya. But if the 3/32 axles will be strong enough and easyer I'll go that way. When I finish my treatment and get back home I will build a torsion bar chassis just trying to get some practice in and the pod will give me some dimensions I'll need to build it thanks !!!
Rastas
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop