[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GTX mold thread

GTX mold thread

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: GTX mold thread

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:14 pm

Sorry for hi-jacking the post , now back to your regular schedule form .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 am

Is there a reason that the front bumper and valance can't be integrated on the body when it's printed? That would solve any alignment issues. If you leave the back valance off you can still slide the chassis up into the frontend if needed.
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:36 pm

proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:43 pm

I like injection molded plastic bodies too, though I now appreciate the work involved in creating good molds. Even though I expect 3D printing to make many more things available in the hobby, I'm hoping injection molded plastic remains the best way to produce cars once the development stage is completed.

And Fathead59, keep the comments coming. You're a part of the team!
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Fathead59 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Thank you Slothead , my comment was mainly meant to be funny .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:47 am

In the beginning of this thread Ken was talking about the chips for the cars . I plan on building my track with just that in mind , Scaletrix had one track setup that will run 4 to 6 cars wirelessly , so that how many chips I have . I have a chip for every controller , all you would need to do is pick a car , mount the chip , and then you will be off to the races , so to speak . So , I for one am glad that the cars Ken is making will be on the Pioneer platform .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:52 am

The Cyclone needed a lot more Pioneer chassis modification than I thought at first. Even so, I think it has the edge over the Carrera that I have used in so many resin cast builds from David and others.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fathead59 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:43 pm

I was able to get a couple of those types of chassis for other resin cars that I bought off of eBay . I guess it is safe to say that I have a lot of projects to do .
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:45 pm

And it was the Carrera chassis that I was talking about
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:36 pm

I have been very busy the past few weeks and not really able to make much progress. I painted the prototype and am messing around with decal sizes.

It sets nice on the Pioneer chassis.

I have one more mold to make for a client and then this goes on the mill. Maybe a week or 2.

A couple of things that are going to be changed. The mounting posts will not be integrated in the back. This will create a sinkhole and it would be easier to just glue in a post assembly. The windshield will be 2 parts, front and rear. It is hard enough getting one piece to fit, but then trying to get both to fit while they are attached is even more of a problem.

The front and rear of the car are going to be completely separate for race versions. So there will be a race front and race rear. This will allow for the covers that go over the lights and the spoiler to be integrated. For the street version there will be openings for lights.

This might mean only 2 hoods will fit. The plan was to make the Road Runner hood, air grabber, and flat hood. If one has to be dropped I guess it will be the air grabber and a small bump can be included to glue on top of the flat hood.

I will share some renders when I get things laid out.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:46 pm

Oh man! That is looking GOOD!!!! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby FC47 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Yessir! :banana-dance:
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Yep, another one of those times I looked for the 'like' button.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:39 pm

This is looking Great! Can't wait to get some of these.
With different race front and race rear, then I think these will also look good with '72 race paint schemes.
'72 rear bumper and tail lights are different but with the lights covered it will not be as noticeable.
Great work!

Two different '72 Petty cars, Buddy Arrington's #67 and the Petty built Winston #1 promo car.
Image Image
Image Image
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:48 pm

I'm liking this.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop