1/25 CHEVY TRUCK BUILD, PIC HEAVY

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: 1/25 CHEVY TRUCK BUILD, PIC HEAVY

Postby Beach Oval » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks BIB,
I hope this build will help you out and maybe give you a few ideas and maybe come up with a new trick or two.

Vint, sure I would race against STREET STOCKS with this Truck. All I would need to do is install a SEALED PARMA S16D. Tires are Milled to about .960.

PICS will come after Paint and Decals.
Beach Oval

Postby Beach Oval » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Well, I finished glueing most of Body together. We had some Racing ACTION @ BEACH OVAL tonight running REALITY MODS, Hard Body STREET STOCKS and the HARD BODY TRUCKS.
Ran the CHEVY and it SWEPT THE FIELD in some real close action, FENDER BANGING RACING.
Sad to say, well not sad, but I no longer own the truck! Had a Racer with a serious interest in it and now I have to build me another one!
Now I have to build a piece to beat it! :banana-rock:
Beach Oval

Postby Modracer97 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:18 am

Andy,Pete and I had a great time tonight, it was definately worth the hour ride. Had a bunch of laughs and great side by side racing, slot car fans if you want great racing you build a truck like this one and you will have a great time! Andy thanks again for all the help and bringing the trucks back! :clap: :clap:
Modracer97

Postby JimD » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:21 am

Thanks for posting this project! It will help me with my first brass attempt!

Jim
JimD

Postby Beach Oval » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 am

Modracer, "I LOVE YOU MAN" but you not getting my PRO TRUCK! Actually, BIG PETE has it now.

Thanks Jim. Wanted to share this build. And this TRUCK LAID A SPANKIN DOWN last night. I wouldn't say it was the FASTEST, BUT SMOOTH AND STEAY as she went. Very easy to drive. If you have any questions, please ask.
Beach Oval

Postby JimD » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:12 am

Beach,

You said something about converting other car @ 6 each, you mean buying angle opinions for those other cars? So, on the truck, it is a standard in line crown gear but angle pinion right?

Also, do you have any more pictures of the top and bottom of the chassis with the body removed?

Any reason you chopped the chassis where you did, right through the centern hole, and not further aft?

Jim
JimD

Postby Beach Oval » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Jim, The ARP STAINLESS STEEL PINION Gears, ANGLED are $6.00 a POP. WHen I due an engine swap or clean, I am replacing all my Pinions to the ARP's. @ $6.00 a POP, it is an Expensive Gear, but worth every penny in my eye. It gives a much better Gear Mesh and Runs Smoother and Quieter then a Brass Gear.

Using Inline, I am getting the 48 Pitch Pinion and using a 48 Pitch Crown Gear as we only Run Inline Set Ups.

Those are the only pics of Chassis I have, Top and Bottom that I posted in this Build.

I always Drill a Center Hole in Chassis to be able to have Air get up into the motor in case I am using it on a 1/32 Build. When I cut the Chassis, I don't have a Standard Place where I cut, this one here is where I decided to make my cut and it is about Center of where I had made my earlier Drill. Sometimes I will Cut Further Back on Chassis, leaving about 1/8", and sometimes I will leave more to the rear, 1/2".
Beach Oval

Previous

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop