[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Resin body poll

Resin body poll

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Resin body poll

Postby BRP32 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:26 pm

We have an aircraft paint research division at the facility I work at also.

Our corporate pilot also flies competitive stunt planes and built one recently that a few of the guys had painted not to long ago.

Pretty cool stuff.

We even have a corporate jet that was acquired recently and cut up into sections that they apply experimental paint on in our application facility.

I currently do heavy industrial applications and research for bridges/rail cars/ocean going ships, tank linings and such.

My fifteen minutes of fame came from years ago when a friend of mine worked for a well known body shop in the area.

Up the street from the body shop was a company that built AC cobra kit cars.

The body shop he worked for painted the AC cobras as they were sold to customers.

One of the cars he and I painted was taken to Carlisle PA for the kit car nationals years ago.

It was in a photo shoot for the centerfold of kit car magazine.

It was neat getting that notoriety years ago having a car we painted in the spread of a national magazine.

SW that I work for now has an automotive line of Barrett Jackson paint for hot rodders. We sell our brands under various other popular names to.

Duplicolor is one of my companies various product lines also.

Anyhow, I'm blessed to do what I do on a daily basis.

I really enjoy what I do and was able to convert my hobbies and interests in doing so......

Sorry to get off tangent here but when you can find others in the same field that you are it is just another bond that brings us together for all we enjoy!!!! :D :D :D :D

Now back to 1/32 resin casting process.....

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop)
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:19 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 10, 2013 6:52 am

The ONLY time I will use clay and that is for small parts. I hate the mess it makes with bodies.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 am

They are nice options (inserts).

Do you have any SCC 15x7 or 15x8 insert wheels handy?

EDIT...never mind, I can sand them to fit. I like them better that way.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

I want one, send me a paypal invoice I will send you some money
scrjon160@aol.com
thx Jon
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby BRP32 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi David!

Finally got enough sleep in now from all the excitement of all this last night! :lol:

I may ought to fly the coupe models out to you in person?

With all the requests your getting it sounds like you will need a pair of hands to cast everything!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like you started yourself a nice little cottage industry here filling a void in the 1/32 hobby for old coupe bodies.

I need to find a box and get these in the mail to you.

Dang that first '40 came out looking nice!

I'm definitely in for a couple.

Almost time to pick up the girls and head to the ice rink for practice.

I will get the coupes out to you between all this.

The next week will be hectic until my daughters 4 performances are over.

Also, guys it is the least I can do for all you wonderful people here on the board by donating these kits to help advance our hobby enjoyment. So many of you have helped me get back into the hobby over the last few years. This is a Thank you for all your kindness and generosity in helping me.

I just hope David will be able to salvage them and make something from them once he can get them apart.

Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Okay,

I got the cars packed today ready for shipping.

Just got to get them to the post office now.

Now if you look at the picture again below, the 3 cars on the right are close to or are 1/32.

The '50 chevy and the '37 chevy coupe are smaller.

The '37 chevy is about right length wise but is skinny width wise from side to side.

I'll let you see what you think when you receive them.

Time to head to the rink! :lol:

Talk to you later.

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Nice bug!

BTW - the tape will make 2-part molds EASY to de-flash. I use my fingers to remove it that is how easy it is.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:43 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby BRP32 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Dang David!!!!

That coupe looks sweet!!!!!!

I can't wait to get a few to turn into old dirt track racers......

Way to work your magic on that one!

You hit a home run there for us 1/32 racers!

Thanks again for all your efforts!

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Sat May 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Shotgundrg, I wonder if you'd consider mailing some of your resin bodies to the UK, once you get production under way?
I'd be really interested in the Ford and the Chevy coupe.

When stock car racing began here in the 50s, they mostly used big-engined American cars, and later put big V8s in British saloons.Stadium racing in small spaces made contact inevitable;then it became part of the attraction for spectators.

. . . and for your next trick, how about some 30s bodies in 1/32nd like the 1/25 kits that Harry and others have shown us how to use to make jalopy racers?

Hope you didn't imagine you were going to have a peaceful and relaxing retirement!

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah,

I hope you can work your magic on what I'm sending you.....

The '34 Ford is just about the same size as the snap tite version out currently by revel.

The '37 chevy has the length but the width across is a bit skinny.

The 2 roadsters seem to be 1/32 also.

No one makes roadsters like these in 1/32 currently either......

I will try and get them out early next week in between all the trips to the rink for ice show performance rehearsals.

I'll let you know the day they go in the mail.

Have a great rest of your weekend.

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smilin Ray » Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 am

Having a preference for Sedans, I have been making the '40 Ford Tudor Sedan for a couple of years. I used the picture of the Palmer box although the mold was made from the AMT model. I did not have the box of the AMT model but the bodies and parts are the same. I like how the AMT box says "Exact 1/32 Scale".....

Smilin Ray

Postby Smilin Ray » Mon May 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Wayne;

Thanks for the kind word.

Honestly, I'm not trying to steal your thunder. I kinda figures there may be some people interest in my other bodies as well. I mold bodies that I want to have. The '40 Sedan is one of them. Truth is, in over two years, I only sold two of them. One in the last month or so and the other to a local racer that has bought one of everything I've made. :D I would have thought it would be more popular.

I have the die-casts of the '49 Ford, '54 Chevy Bel Air and the '56 Plymouth Savoy. Now I'm trying to determine which will be next! :think: I always check the dimensions against the published specifications. I want to be careful about models and die-casts that are too off scale.
Smilin Ray

Postby TsgtRet » Mon May 13, 2013 6:45 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop