[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Is it (Isetta) the Silly Season yet?

Is it (Isetta) the Silly Season yet?

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Is it (Isetta) the Silly Season yet?

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Sat May 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Is it (Isetta) the Silly Season yet?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat May 25, 2013 3:42 pm

That is a hoot :)

For the records, I really admire your track work. Well done.

And cool conversions too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat May 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Sometimes, especially when you're having lots of FUN, everything is just right with the world.

I can almost hear all the laughter coming through on that video!

Ya' gots to love it when folks are having FUN.

BTW - when I was back in high school - one of the guys in our school drove an Isetta. We would sometimes park our cars so that he could not get in nor out of his car through the front door. Cool cars though.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 25, 2013 4:11 pm

My 7th grade football coach (and math teacher), had one, and I fell in love with it. He let me bring it around the stadium on the grass once and it was the highlight of my young life. I had run my grandfather's and great-grandfather's tractor many times, so the clutch was no big deal, and the car fit me perfectly. I loved that car.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Sat May 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Great video. Can't watch it without a smile.

Martin's conversions really are great and when he mentioned the plan to do an Isetta I was in utter disbelief. But... He pulled it off as he always does. His icecream van is good for smiles too.

Just love the way those three little bubbles look on the track. Congratulations. And thank you for the smiles.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Sat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Very cute and unique cars! Neat stuff!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:00 am

Those are too cool! Nice work.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby jmsh54 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:22 am

"I Saida" those are very cool. Nice track too. Regards, John
jmsh54

Postby FootScoot » Sun May 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Looks like they run well for what they are. They definitely made me smile watching the video. Being 1/38 they would be small. What kind of chassis and motor did you use? :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Mon May 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Microscalextric chassis and motor turned back to front and driving front wheels (using original wheels and tyres from die cast).Front wheels of micro chassis cut off just forward of motor, and rear section of die cast chassis glued on with superglue.Pick up braids glued to front of chassis, and original guide pin placed just behind the front wheels(!).
If you can use magnets, it needs one fixing underneath.Otherwise, you've got to get as much lead as you can inside, and then do a lot of fiddling with the braids to get good running.

Whilst appreciating all the kind comments,I must stress that Kustomart gets all the credit for devising this conversion;I just followed his recipe!
No one would claim that these are for serious racing, but it is amusing to see them going round.

On a more serious note, these cute baby cars are the reason we still have BMW's today. After WWII, BMW only had one model - an expensive saloon;and only one factory still standing.Getting the licence to make these allowed them to sell thousands, as they were just what people needed in a country that was rebuilding itself, with petrol expensive and hard to get.They stayed in production into the 60s.

Isettas have got motor sport history, though,notably competing in the Mille Miglia;and I think people still race them in "classic" races.

I've recently got hold of one of the Lagartijakit Isettas , which is just a little bigger than 1/32(but still pretty small), and uses 1/32 sized motors, gears and wheels.I'll post pictures if I manage to make a decent job of it.I think this may be the route to a credible stable of microcar racers.

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop