[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pre War Garage

Pre War Garage

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Pre War Garage

Postby racer6583 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Between you and Lynn you to have me floored literally at the creativity that you
and Lynn come up with and how you apply your ideas to great effect.

Peter,you and Lynn have inspired me to try and raise my skill level in the scenery department of this hobby I haven't posted any of my diorama s as of yet but when the one I'm practicing with just floors me I will show all here.

Thank you for sharing your work.
Racer6583
Rex
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby whitworthnut » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:03 pm

whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Thank you for the very kind words boys, but I must give my thanks to Brad Korando and Bill Schniedewinder (sorry Bill, I've misspelt it again) for their inspiration on the scenic front. And Frank Tutass on the scale buildings.

There is a wonderful cathartic benefit to building little worlds when we feel so out of control in the real one.

Peter, the rats are a great addition, but I think you need some cats to keep them under control.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby whitworthnut » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:30 pm

whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:11 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby whitworthnut » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:40 pm

I did the same thing. I like your rust treatment. What process did you use?
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:15 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby whitworthnut » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:59 am

whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:18 pm

I always read Whitworths threads and their updates....you never know what gems you will see.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby whitworthnut » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm always happy to entertain. I just received a small packet of goodies in the mail - I mean really small - but several accessories I've been scouring the planet for. They will be interesting additions to the garage, the warehouse and the Alley.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby whitworthnut » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:57 pm

whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby whitworthnut » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:55 am

whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:24 pm

? couple of scrunched-up cigarette packets.

Medical opinion had it that smoking was good for you in those days :o .

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby whitworthnut » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:09 pm

whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Great shot! The old papers is neat. I like the street shot with the phone booth too. Can i ask you what are you using to recreate the leaves on the ground?
dge467
The King of Foil

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop