[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Lime Rock Park building from Match Sticks

Lime Rock Park building from Match Sticks

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

Re: Lime Rock Park building from Match Sticks

Postby VenturaAlfa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Wow Kev,

Does your dad want to adopt me :lol: ? I know I'm a little old but he could make all the buildings he wants for my track :mrgreen: .

Seriously though that is some beautiful work!!

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Thu May 01, 2014 11:07 am

Well, after re-working the roof parts for this little room (thanks to a mismeasurement by yours truly) Dad got the structure built this morning.

You might notice the angled walls on each side.. that is the roof line where the main buildings roof will meet this upper room..
It's not centered.. satellite images show this room doesn't sit dead center.. it's positioned to the rear by a couple feet.

Here it is on the framing for the main roof.. When completed, this entire section will be set in place so it can be removed to place minifigures or add details..

Front view:

Rear view:

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu May 01, 2014 12:32 pm

I still cant believe the detail and workmanship, just incredible.
I really look forward to, the updates, just unreal.
Thanks for this continuing thread , thoroughly enjoying it.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby jcis4me » Sat May 03, 2014 8:19 am

Hey Kev
Gotta Love DAD ! ! ! Miss mine, but the memories of building toys for me with him, then seeing what you and your dad are doing... Well Chicken Skin is all I can say!
Wonderful work Dad!
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Sun May 04, 2014 5:17 pm

OK, time for another update :)

Here is some bracing for the roof:

Here are the end panels and the approx angle they will sit at:

Here's the east end of the roof under construction:

The rear side of the upper room with it's small deck:

The rear view from further back.. size reference... the roof is sitting on a 3 foot long shelf:

Lastly for tonight, the roof framing resting on the main building:

Here's a quote from my Dad that was part of his update email..

"Now I get to make 300 pieces 2 sticks wide 6" long and then cut and fit side by side to fill the openings. Gaining on it, after this the railing and steps and we should have it completed."

Patience, precision, and perseverance.. that's my Dad :mrgreen:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sun May 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Please thank your father for giving me something to show His Lordship when he calls me a nutter over some of my detail work. :)

And although that is said jokingly, it is also said in awe and admiration of his patience, precision and perseverance.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby turbokev » Thu May 08, 2014 2:33 pm

At least some of the 300 roof planks are completed.. Dad sent these over today..

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu May 08, 2014 3:14 pm

:o ............ Please interpret the preceding as being totally speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest Harry move this to a permanent, prominant archive someplace when it is completed.

Kev, do you plan on painting it when it's done or leaving it in its "natural" state?
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 am

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Fri May 09, 2014 7:51 am

I was hoping you were going to say you weren't going to paint it :D Those other projects prove that paint isn't needed. Again, absolutely fantastic work!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Fri May 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Dad got this end finished up~

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri May 09, 2014 4:36 pm

That cathedral is absolutely gobsmacking. Just staggeringly beautiful. And so intricate.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby VenturaAlfa » Fri May 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Wow, That is all just breathtaking!! Your dad is really quite the artisan.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Just beautiful work!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby turbokev » Fri May 09, 2014 8:20 pm

It appears Dad got on a role today with roof planking :D

Here's the roof from the front:

..and from the rear:

Here's the roof sitting in place from the rear:

..and finally for tonight, a couple front views.. all that remains is a railing around the little deck up top, and the stairway!

I really need to get some little figures to put in place.. especially a cool flagman..

This guy would work~

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop