[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ShotgunDave's Kurtis Kraft Build

ShotgunDave's Kurtis Kraft Build

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

ShotgunDave's Kurtis Kraft Build

Postby RazorJon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Got each of Dave's models been wanting to build this car for a long time. :text-thankyouyellow:

So I got me a set of Paul Gage tires for this car and turned my own wheels. the O.D. of these babys is .825 but with his wheel inserts that he includes with the model is a great fit and looks better with the taller wheel. 8-)

I know I know all you speed freaks are thinking, its to tall, well this is the look I am going with and with a 15K MT motor it will work fine on my little oval and the MidMo as well :music-rockout:

the motor bracket I made from .062 X 1\2" K&S bent it then drilled and reamed it, it dont matter if its a little off, when I jig it up and solder it all 4 tires will touch and it will track straight, it dont matter if the motor is at a 45 degree angle it will run fine on the tracks I will run
I bent a .032 X 1.0" K&S brass bent it at 45 and soldered the axle motor bracket to it
The front axle is K&S round tube put together, gives it that axle look, its held on with .062 K&S rod bent in a u front and back all soldered in

The guide will be a simple drilled and reamed spot out in front, I use H&R guides so it will be spaced on the track in the tripod method, shimed and bolted on

not sure on the color, but red looks like a good contender

hope you like it, having fun from the bench
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Re: ShotgunDave's Kurtis Kraft Build

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Well I'll be. Look at you go!

Looking good so far. Now I really feel behind.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:48 am

Looking good so far Jon. Nice wheels. Are these in production? :D

Hey Shotgun!! I'm seeing a fun run field of these coming together. :dance:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:15 am

Jon -
Any chance you are going to offer those wheels for those of us that don't have a lathe?
I'd love to build one of these - but I am with Dave and Jon on this - the large wheels are definitely needed for the "look".

How cool would it be to have a proxy race of these?!?!
If that were to come together - COUNT ME IN!!!! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby RazorJon » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:18 am

guys PM's sent about wheels
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:36 am

Jon -
Got your PM! Thank you!

Dave -
PM headed your way about a couple bodies! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:38 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Thanks Dave!!!

Now I just need to order up so Paul Gage tires and figure out what I want to use for motors and I will be good to go! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby RazorJon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:03 am

Todd I have 8 shiny new wheels, would you like me to glass bead them ?

Got to drill and tap them yet, should have them ready in a day or 3
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:28 am

looks like you could be be busy making wheels Jon

I was thinking I could narrow some plafit 17mm or 18mm wheels - what are the dimensions of your wheels Jon?

I am planning on getting some bodies from Dave as soon as I finish my 1/32 Indy Cars

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:11 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:39 am

They are ejector pins Marty. I have some and they are great for axles as well as set up block use. Not sure where he gets them, I am sure he will answer you soon.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby RazorJon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop