[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SECRET PROJECT REVEALED!

SECRET PROJECT REVEALED!

In honor of one of the best slot car builders in our hobby.
Share your chassis & scratchbuilt artwork here.

SECRET PROJECT REVEALED!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:12 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: SECRET PROJECT REVEALED!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Ha. Finally revealed!

And I was on the phone with him when he got it in the mail.

Never heard his voice like that :)

Well done. VERY well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Man,that is too much. What a great thing to do for someone.
I agree there is no one more deserving than Shotgun,He has been a private mentor of all things slot since I joined this group.
I think I might just have a tear welling up myself.
Hats off off Rob,YOU are the man!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Ember » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:05 pm

What a wonderful gift and to a very deserving recipient. Really fine job Rob. If you had not told us how hard it fought we would not know. It definitely doesn't show in the finished project.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby BRP32 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Wow!

These unselfish acts of kindness is what makes this slot board great!!!!

In todays world of "All about me" stuff like this just floors me when someone does something like this out of the generosity of their heart.

Couldn't happen between to nicer guys!

That is definitely what this hobby is about and one of the greatest aspects of it.

:text-bravo:

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Rob - WOWZA! That is freaking awesome!!! What an amazing gift to get!

Dave - I kinda figured you had that tattoo'd somewhere!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby 4424ever » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:32 pm

WOW Rob way to go that's a nice one :music-rockout: ANYBODY would be happy to have that little lone Dave! :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Too cool for school.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Wow Rob, this is so awesome! This is another reason why the HRW guys are the best. The acts of kindness and surprises we all do for each other is like nothing else. Dave you are very deserving of this for all that you do for us. I haven't had the chance to meet you in person yet but I hope I get the chance one day. Way cool gift! I think you deserve to build it a bigger oval... :lol: Great job on this build Rob! :text-bravo:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:46 pm

What a awesome act of kindness! The members and owner of this site are top notch! Great job on the build Rob!!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HRWJim » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Man, that's why I love this place. That is just plain cool and one of the nicest things, Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Awesome! Slot brother's for life. Gotta love our HRW family.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:35 am

How cow Rob! Talk about hitting it out of the park! I have to say this has to be my favourite EVER car built on HRW. Im seriously in awe. First that bellied chassis, Genius! I can see why you did it as Ive been stumped myself on getting it low without sacrificing the interior to much. Secondly hiding the gear up the back, awesome. Thirdly, well everything. This is the best inspiration Ive had in a long time to get building, thanks!

I recognise the rear tires, are the fronts from me as well?

Anyways Rob, Bravo.Thanks for sharing, Made my week
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:29 am

I'm very pleased you folks like it. It just suddenly came to me when I saw the photo of Dave's hot rod which in the photo he posted, was in a nice frame, clearly something he cared about. I just knew it would be a good thing to do, that's all. It just hit me.

Greg, the fronts are actually from the kit. I had to carve them a bit to fit on the wheel. Those rears are the fifth set I have dressed up a car with. The others are all jalopies.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 am

Rob,

I am quite impressed with your build. Outstanding would more than likely be an appropriate word to describe it.

If you were playing baseball, it would be called a Grand Slam!

Way to go!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Next

Return to The Marty Stanley Scratchbuilders Shop